Who would you like to hear of leaving the Jehovah's Witnesses ?

by wozza 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Besides seeing the guy in charge of overseeing the Watchtower finances leaving under mysterious circumstances, I'd like to see Caleb and Sophia do a video that chronicled their exit from the cult
  • wozza
    wozza

Yes it must be really frustrating to have loved family members still in when you know what they are trapped in.

I have little family but when I raised my children I brought them up that their parents religion is something that they would need to decide on when they were older ,and thankfully they rejected it.

And Pete that would be great , Sophia and Caleb leaving ,make a great youtube video as a send up.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Whoaa, Pete that would be a tremendous influence on the young and very impressionable minds in the Borg,lol
  • nevaagain
    nevaagain

My dad (a longtime elder) is one of those people who reads all the witness literature the second it gets released. New magazines and new convention releases sometimes dont even last a day unread. The thirst of all bible based literature made him to start reading "worldly" bible based literature. And now he started to question the JW understanding and and he is agreeing more with the "worldy" one.

Now everytime we are on the phone I am trying to plant little seeds, I told him about 607/1914 but for one reason or the other he still believes that the year 607 was thoroughly researched by the organization (as if the watchtower had his own archaeological team haha).

If I could get my dad to wake up, I could probably get my whole family out plus me.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Jesus for one ,........ hang on , .... he never ever joined the cult in the first place.

Oh , and my niece , who , I had a major role in getting involved in the first place , much to my regret now.

smiddy

• SpunkedTeen
    SpunkedTeen
    My entire family but most of all my mother.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Jehovah!
  • disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2
    My youngest sister who won't give up on me. My used to be best friend. I miss her. She stopped seeing me after I asked some probing questions as to how she could want Armageddon to come when it meant her parents who weren't witnesses would die and wouldn't be resurrected. She gave me the "jehovah reads hearts" rubbish. When we all know they don't teach that. I wish my mum would too of course but she will never change now she's 85. Also my husband. Really awkward living with a witness as many of you know.
  • EdenOne
    EdenOne

My dear sister and her family. Right now, nothing would please me more. They already have huge doubts, but they need the push that will tip them.

Eden

• Divergent
    Divergent
    My family & friends, of course. But for now that's wishful thinking...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit