Who would you like to hear of leaving the Jehovah's Witnesses ?

by wozza 30 Replies latest jw friends

• wozza
    wozza

I'll start off with this one:

Some years ago when I was formulating my exit, I employed for some time an MS brother from another congregation.

I'd had a couple of young "worldly" lads work for me but they proved unreliable as they used drugs or alchohol and consequently would'nt arrive at work and such like.

So when I was was contacted by this brother and spoke to him and heard he'd worked at the Australian Bethel for some time on construction and wanted an opportunity to learn the trade of bricklaying ,I thought ,"great someone to finally trust and be reliable". He was in his 40's at the time and he worked like a trojan ,was honest ,really likeable and interesting ,could play the classical guitar beautifully ,had a beautiful family. The only thing was he just did'nt grasp fully the skills he needed to become a good bricklayer ,but that did'nt matter too much as he still did excellent alternate work with a few changes made.

We used to have fantastic conversations at work during breaks, and I even was able to talk frankly about my doubts of the WTS and it's governing body. He listened respectfully and even expressed his own doubts and noted some of the things he saw at Bethel ,but he said he could never leave because of his wonderful wife and his two teenage girls ,he did'nt want them to be hurt.

Years later I still think of them and wish they could have found peace outside the Org , so if you are ever browsing this site "Pharoah" (nickname my son gave him because he was Egyptian) I'd wish the best for you and your family!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Generally, I'd like to hear of everyone leaving this fucking cult.

But in particular, I really wish my two adult children would smarten up and realize that they are in a sham of a religion that only takes and never gives anything but empty promises and deceptions.

Everyone else can stay in it for all I care. Honestly, at some point we all have to face the fact that any adult without severe cognitive deficiencies that has been in this religion more than a few years and still can't see that it is nothing but lies and hypocrisy deserves whatever they get.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Morpheus would be my 1 pick, followed his kids....
  • Listener
    Listener
    I love to hear of whole families leaving together, unfortunately it's pretty rare.
  • mommyfirstandalways
    mommyfirstandalways
    My sisters and my BFF. But it won't happen. At the least I just wish I could talk to them about what I know but I would lose them and they would turn me into elders. At least my sisters would. I don't want to lose my family contact. And thankfully Mr sisters live out of state but I see them several times a year and we Skype. They are very close to my kids and I'm a single mom.
  • millie210
    millie210
    My family.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    My parents and my brother and my brother's kids. Close friends from old hall. Actually, everyone, except the paraplegic kids in wheelchairs thinking they were going to walk again, any day now.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Another GB member!
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Besides my wife, mother, and in-law family, I would just love to hear about upper echelon members, especially governing body members, bugging out like Ray Franz did.

He did so much for the cause and with these guys so "out there" now, imagine the damage a fresh whistle blower could do.

Short of that, I would hope for the loved ones of my dear friends from the ex-JW community to wake up and embrace us all.

• Dunedain
    Dunedain
    I wish Jehovah would leave the cult. Oh wait, i think he did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit