Who would you like to hear of leaving the Jehovah's Witnesses ?

by wozza 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

All my old JW friends I grew up with.

Not really expecting it, though. * shrug *

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

no one.

losing ones beliefs can be difficult, some fare worse than others i think

• Londo111
    Londo111
    My best friend (or I guess former best friend). My parents.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

My brother. Only twenty months between us, we were so close as children. People thought we were twins.

One of my sisters. She was such a loving person. She looked after injured birds and loved animals as a child. The way this cult has forced her to treat me hatefully, there are no words.

My eldest nephew. Such a bright child. God knows what they are doing to his mind.

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23
    My daughter, for sure. My son (who will be 18 in January) is already out. But my dear daughter, she's been duped terribly and can't see a way out at all.
  • Simon
    Simon

Who would I like to hear is leaving the WTS?

Franklin, Grant and ... Jackson !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5pzUMz27pg

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "Chick-chicky-boom..."
  • blondie
    blondie

In my case, some of my family shunned me when my husband and I were still active jws, elder and pioneer. We weren't the only jws they treated that way, but I had a history of protecting them from pedophiles and alcoholics...no thanks from them. That actually was a point in which I really examined who were truly family and friends among jws. People who had no time for you when you needed help. People you had helped over and over.

It's amazing to have family that held birds in greater regard than family. It was lack of true love that eventually made me leave the farce of the WTS.

I wonder if any of us shunned family and friends, or even people at the KH we hardly knew, merely on the word of men with a closed door trial.

If you knew these people that you want to leave, what did they do in the congregation, love those that were hard to love, only associating with people like themselves perhaps easy to love. The bible even has a scripture that loving family and friends, that is what non-jws do, so it is no great thing. But caring and loving people you aren't drawn to....well people like that might leave.

(Matthew 5:44-48) 44 However, I say to YOU: Continue to love YOUR enemies and to pray for those persecuting YOU; 45 that YOU may prove yourselves sons of YOUR Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise upon wicked people and good and makes it rain upon righteous people and unrighteous. 46 For if YOU love those loving YOU, what reward do YOU have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing? 47 And if YOU greet YOUR brothers only, what extraordinary thing are YOU doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Interesting thread, there are countless people that will be loyal to the Borg, no matter what. Yessss, sigh!!
  • oppostate
    oppostate

An elder superdub up North in White Rvr. Jct. VT or Lebanon NH, not sure which any more, who used to be Special Pioneering and whom I worked under as a Convention Attendant lead. His name was Gantos.

We'd had a run in because of the direction to close off certain seating sections and make everyone pack in like sardines, split up families if necessary, anyway, being the hardass he was he took objection with my comments that it was crazy to make people have to sit so packed in when almost half of the auditorium was roped off, and could be used. He lectured me for over an hour, non-stop.

When I started waking up and researching online I read an account by ex-JW's who happened to be his parents. The hurt and the torment these folks have gone through because of shunning by their son just broke my heart. Knowing how blindly loyal this young elder was It would delight my soul to hear he's woken up, left the cult, and made a point to apologize to his parents.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit