North Korea threatening to bomb Guam...

by mikeflood 77 Replies latest social current

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I'm sure the generals of North Korea are all masters in the art of war and have studied the book by Sun Tzu.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+sun+tzu+the+art+of+war&view=detail&mid=007B0DE16A8A746AA670007B0DE16A8A746AA670&FORM=VIRE

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Art_of_War

The Art of War is an ancient Chinese military treatise dating from the Spring and Autumn period in 5th century BC. The work, which is attributed to the ancient Chinese military strategist Sun Tzu ("Master Sun", also spelled Sunzi), is composed of 13 chapters. Each one is devoted to a distinct aspect of warfare and how that applies to military strategy and tactics. For almost 1,500 years it was the lead text in an anthology that would be formalised as the Seven Military Classics by Emperor Shenzong of Song in 1080. The Art of War remains the most influential strategy text in East Asia.[1] It has also had an influence on Eastern and Western military thinking, business tactics, legal strategy and beyond.
    The book was first translated into French in 1772 by the Jesuit Jean Joseph Marie Amiot and a partial translation into English was attempted by British officer Everard Ferguson Calthrop in 1905. The first annotated English translation was completed and published by Lionel Giles in 1910.[2] Numerous military and political leaders such as Mao Zedong, Võ Nguyên Giáp, and Douglas MacArthur have drawn inspiration from the work.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

BW, I have read the book. Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Is anybody here listening to what Kim Jon -un actually said ?

He has not said he would attack the mainland of Guam ,he has not not threateed that strike.initially anyway

What he did say was he would fire his missiles into the sea off Guam to demonstrate his ability to hit Guam if provoked by the Americans with their military exercises off the coast of north Korea threatening his regime.

It is just the same as what he has done off the coast of Japan ,his missiles have fallen into the sea off Japan

In previous posts I have not seen anybody state the true facts of his original statements .

By all means correct me if I am wrong.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Is anybody here listening to what Kim Jon -un actually said

"One day when I feel like it, I will send you a gift via our ICBMs. In the meantime, I want to do some target practice close to your house because I want to make sure you get my gift when I aim to send it."

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

News this morning....Kim pops H-Bomb....that guy is out of control....

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Smiddy and others

I think that even a ”banana” Kim, somewhat understands, that if he hits the button, and even remote come close to Guam, He and the rest of NK as well as SK…. Will finally face the end…. But of course neither, Hitler, Pol Pot or Mussolini and others did understand what they started…

• Hecce
    Hecce

I don't think that either China or Russia can be happy with the current situation, after all they are closer to him and he is not reliable partner.

Eventually they will agree that he has to go, he has kill a lot of people and must have a ton of enemies; he is not bigger that many tin pot dictators before him.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

If the US would not tolerate anymore nuclear threats from NK, it should have made it clear from the beginning when DT threatened fire and fury.

After warning someone the first time, what to do, warn them again? If sanctions don't work the first time, they are never going to work. It would have been better not to warn and not to sanction. The only move immediately after defiance should have been action, then people would believe you mean business next time you threaten and fear even a hint.

NK is only testing its missiles and knows that it is curtains if they actually attack. Since they've flown missiles over Japan before and got away with it, the latest missiles should not be a surprise, they've done it before. Also, they're latest bomb test inside NK was inside NK. People do what they like inside their their houses. NK is not going to stop doing what they believe they have a right to to do.

• cofty
    cofty
    they're latest bomb test inside NK was inside NK. People do what they like inside their their houses. - Fish

That is not true. Underground nuclear testing is against international law. When a country break it there are consequences. China is shielding NK for reasons of self-interest.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Underground nuclear testing is against international law.

So what, world powers have broken international laws without consequences ( from the perspective of NK) and after US and I presume, Russia and China conducted their nuclear tests, then they pass laws making things illegal. Says KJU : "Bullocks!"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_weapons_testing

China is shielding NK for reasons of self-interest.

China has stated in not so many words that they will not allow NK regime to collapse (hint). And when Putin stated that there will be PLANETARY catastrophe, he appears to be hinting that if US nukes NK, Russia might not like it - another way of putting DT words of 'fire and fury.'

There is not much the US can do at this point, NK having ICBM with thermonuclear tips. Either wipe out the present gov as it did with Saddam, destroy NK, or give KJU what he wants under the guise of diplomacy.

Thus, if US really wants to take away the cookies from KJU, it won't be easy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit