North Korea threatening to bomb Guam...

by mikeflood 77 Replies latest social current

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Send Dennis Rodman to the NK and he can inform crazy Kim J, "My man Trump ain"t BS.....

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    What should have the US done instead of making it clear to NK that they will be blown off the face of the map should they fail to stop threatening the US with their new nuclear toys?

A little correction: what the US does is not the same thing as what Trump threatened to do. Trump can not launch a military strike against Korea without congressional approval. The US has to be attacked before Trump can launch an attack without getting approval from congress.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

You continue to be stunningly wrong, brokeback. I could cite many examples (including billy’s attack ok an aspirin factory) but let me cite one of my favorites:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_United_States_bombing_of_Libya

President Reagan did not seek congressional approval for that stike. There are quiet a few other noteworthy cases where presidents have not sought nor aquired congressional approval for limited military actions.

edited to add: i chose the above example because libya had not attacked the US, in clear contradiction to your false premise

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Because it seems you like to read, brokeback, here is an article (one of hundreds easily found on the internet) detailing president Clintons unauthorized strike on sudan, a country the US was not at war with.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2001/oct/02/afghanistan.terrorism3

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

The only thing tougher than a threat is not another threat but actions that speak louder than words. That's is how I interpret the President's message.

Point taken.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

NK warns of "merciless strike" tomorrow Monday....it's more funny watch Stephen Colbert in "The U.S. Just Isn't That Into You"

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think North Korea, is having a field day with US president Trump threats of unleashing a rain of fire and fury. His statements were very irresponsible . Saying that Korea has been misbehaving was probably the stupidest thing he said, and blaming past administration for allowing N Korea's bad misbehaviors.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/08/09/why-trumps-north-korea-warnings-were-unnecessary-scary-irresponsible/?utm_term=.e40f8d97d67f

And “irresponsible” because it sounds like Trump shooting his mouth off again. Maybe his national security team approved of that kind of language, but it sounds a lot like what Trump does on Twitter, which is shooting his mouth off and saying stuff and his national security people have to walk it back in the next couple of days.
  • Brokeback Watchtower
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

I was watching the Nuremberg trials and the trial of Saddam Hussein. Will the losers of a war with NK meet the same fate?

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think that it would be good if some kind of world court be formed and the guilty get judged on the grounds menace to mankind and blatant evil in power, but that don't look like that will happen any time soon but some type of nations demanding a world court be formed for outrageous racist crimes against humanity which threatened a foreign country of fury unimaginable if it didn't "Behave" properly. I think some type of world court be formed where all parties conserned formed an agreed upon respect to advert huge show force from many sides.

I'm hoping no losers or no war but a court instead where every body gets some justice and tempers settle down to no embargos of any kind be imposed upon these people and free trade opened up between all countries. Maybe I'm just dreaming but I hope something be done before any mass destruction gets going in the region.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit