Have You Been “Gaslit”?

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

The cult Gas lit us all the time. Telling us we were evil if we did not see things their way. We are mentally disabled if we leave.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Yes. By my own mother. All my life.

I was a straight A student. Top of my year. Used to tippex out my name when they put up the results of our yearly Exams & SATS etc (embarrassed)🙄. Loved school & never missed a day in my life, but because she wanted to force my dad to sell the family home (she left us with dad when I was 8 and my brother was 4) she told SS I didn't go to school So that they would put us in care (Dad had had a breakdown you see but she didn't want us herself, just the house). I always got myself & my brother off to school without fail our whole childhood (Dad's a drinker you see).The only thing I ever did wrong as a kid was break a window once when I was locked out.

Yet she made me think I was evil and it's taken me until middle age and I had kids of my own to realise what she did to me.

Sorry for the rant ....good to get it off my chest, actually.

• minimus
    minimus

Dio, glad you are here!

• LV101
    LV101

Diogenesister - Ditto minimus' words ^^^^. Sorry what you endured. Toxic egg (and sperm) donors need to be med'd/locked up and children need to be protected. My egg donor's grandchildren wanted nothing to do with her but helped immensely with responsibilities her last years of life taking as much pressure off of me as possible, thankfully. One hour of time for any of us was too much.

• mann377
    mann377

Just a note on Knorr. He was a businessman foremost. He did not have that deep of Bible knowledge. His talks were written by someone else. His ego was big, very big. You have to understand his Penn Dutch background when talking to him. He would stop by my press at Watchtower Farm ever Wednesday morning when he came up. I knew his family (inlaws, etc.) learned a lot about him. Also learned a lot about him and Franz from Bud Sullivan (retired head of service depart) when I sat next to him at the table (at the farm)

When speaking of gaslighting and the WTBS you need need to realize all cults use this MO on the people.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

My ex-wife had me gaslit. She literally had me believing that it was ALL my fault.

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

I gaslit myself as a teenage boy. Everyone else's was blue... mine was green. Also, I'm thankful for a tight sphincter.

• waton
    waton

gaslighting int today's daily text . wt, who drummed 1914 into everybody's head, blamed "some brothers" that expected the world to end, go to heaven. in 1914. but:

it is a laudable quality to kep slaving, because one day, the day jehovah will 'vindicate his sovereignty sanctify his name!'

that was defiled by wt's false prophecies. bsw.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

They do a pretty thorough job of convincing you that your own thinking ability is irrevocably flawed...

...or - at the very least - that if you don't come to the conclusion they want you to, you're a fucking idiot.

• minimus
    minimus

It’s amazing how people will always shift the blame on you. Never will they accept that they are wrong. Or if they say they were wrong it’s still your fault.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit