Have You Been “Gaslit”?

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

Yes, by an asshole elder. I think the guy is a missionary now. After he left our hall and I started talking with some of the other publishers I wasn’t the only one.

He was good at making us doubt ourselves to cover his tracks. Also good at falsely accusing people. No one shed a tear when he left.

• Mary2
    Mary2

Minimus,

I liked the teachings of the Bible. The love of God and neighbor. We were encouraged to read and learn the Bible. We had what we thought were "deep" publications, we were happy with our lives in the Watchtower. Well, at least my friends were.

Volunteering at the International Conventions, my goodness, how good that was. Eating with hundreds, thousands, who stood at tables at Yankee Stadium while we expressed our appeciation for the brothers and sisters who made it possible. Myself along with hundreds, filled fruit bags in the bowels of the old Yankee Stadium with the convention talks piped in. It was all good.

Yes, it was good. Unitil 1975 when their pride got the best of them and they started to first blame the brotherhood. The current Governing Body went even further with their lying video they spread among the brothers.

They claim to fear Jehovah but their actions call that a lie!

• Simon
    Simon

I remember one of the last meetings I attended where an elder made a comment that "Apostates make claims that the WatchTower put people off further education which is of course a complete lie"

A bold, blatant and outright lie ... but what can you do? If you pull out the articles where it's in black-and-white then you are declared an enemy of the org for doing so, the articles are deemed to be off-limits and now apostate and you are black-balled for trying to use their own words to prove their own lies.

The only way to win is to walk out and never go back.

• minimus
    minimus

You say knorr’s teaching was good???! I would like you to tell us what Knorr taught that was so good, please?

• minimus
    minimus

Every Christian religion teaches you to obey the commandments. Just because you were misled and you believe Knorr was too doesn’t mean that the President’s teachings were good. They weren’t, really.

• Mary2
    Mary2

To Simon,

I believe taking courses at community colleges such as nursing is now allowed.

But you are correct uni courses are the enemy of those who prefer to keep their members ignorant.

Ignorant of what is a mystery.

• minimus
    minimus

The Organization trains you to simply accept their thinking. If you question it, you have an attitude problem and you are in need of counseling. They manipulate you into thinking that you are wrong or bad because you don’t want to accept something that you know isn’t true.

• minimus
    minimus

Mary, Knorr was against higher education. His solution for higher education was the Awake magazine.

• Mary2
    Mary2

Minimus,

I liked those days. I liked Knorr. I liked the conventions. I liked the volunteering. I liked the witnessing door to door with friends. I liked the gatherings. I liked going to movies together. I liked it all.

I liked learning about the Bible.

It was the change after 1975 that I did not like.

It was a mistake to put a committee in charge. A group of men, the Governing Body, in charge. Too many cooks in the kitchen.

• minimus
    minimus

Mary , I guess you can like whatever you want to like. But Knorr was the puppet of F.W. Franz. He was considered the Oracle. What Franz and Knorr taught was still wrong. Read Ray Franz’s books to realize none of these Presidents had the Truth. You too were hoodwinked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit