Have You Been “Gaslit”?

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Biahi
    Biahi

Fred Franz spoke at our convention in summer of 1976. This guy shook his finger at the audience, and said, “Do you know why nothing happened? (Referring to 1975). I’ll tell you why nothing happened. It’s because YOU wanted it to happen.” I was 16, thinking to myself what a fucking liar he was. Blaming the rank and file for what THEY said, in print and from the platform. Gaslighting at its finest.

• Mary2
    Mary2

Minimus,

I know, I know. I read Ray's books.

Is there any religion that is without fault?

Hey, I'm just talking about my youth. It was good.

I cannot go back but that does not mean I forget the good I experienced there.

I recognize that, that was not what everyone experienced. Yet, many did.

I will not lie about it.

• minimus
    minimus

I was raised a JW, and was appointed an elder at a young age. I had fond memories of my past. But the reality is Knorr and company were all wrong. Their views on chronology were stupid. Their view on the book of Revelation was embarrassing. Their understanding of much of the Bible was incorrect. Please don’t confuse N.H. Knorr with Truth. He perpetuated a Lie. Maybe he sincerely did so but I have no fondness for anyone promoting a lie. I’m ashamed that I fell for it.

• Mary2
    Mary2

Minimus,

If I thought the Watchtower had the Truth, If I thought Knorr had the Truth I would not be here.

I am here because I am in need of some company.

I am in need of being able to speak freely what is in my heart and mind.

I believe in God is that okay here?

• Mary2
  • minimus
    minimus

I believe in God too Mary and I’m glad you are here.

• Mary2
    Mary2

Is this video not all of us? I believe so.

• Mary2
    Mary2

Thank you, Minimus.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Biahi, great example of gaslighting. Knorr blamed the victim of his own false prophecies.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

Gaslighting? They are experts at it. Another funny way of putting it is the expression: pissing on somebody’s head and telling them it’s raining.

I wasn’t in the religion yet when the 1975 fiasco happened but not a word was mentioned to me when I was ‘studying’. So much was withheld. I never would have joined if I knew the real history and the heavy-duty pressure to come (from older people with cushy lives)..to quit my full time job. Thankfully, I never listened to them and kept working until retirement.

SIMON:

I remember some trying to say ‘they never said that’ about higher education. I don’t know how anybody there can say this with a straight face. They may have appeared to let up on it for a short while some years back. But, it’s still being knocked last I heard. I agree the only way to win is walk away, which I’m glad I did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit