JW Stumper Questions - List You Best Here

by pale.emperor 114 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I'd say,

Why is it in so many passages of the NT, when Jesus speaks he prefaces his words with:

"Truly I say to you" or " Truly I tell you"

So why is it when Jesus is on the stake talking to the criminal beside him he says,according to you:

"Truly I say to you TODAY (comma)you will be with me in paradise".

Why after so times using the expression 'truly I say to you' he suddenly adds the 'today'. Doesn't it seem more likely the comma comes BEFORE the today?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

ask the dub if he / she has a bible with them.

no ?

oh--would you be willing to come back with a bible ?

yes ?

oh good. lets talk about your kingdom hall.

show me in the bible where it mentions the words " kingdom hall "

• freddo
    freddo

*** w90 2/1 p. 25 par. 19 Exposing “the Man of Lawlessness” ***

The worldliness of some clergy has even been exposed in the media in recent times, as for example the licentious and luxurious life-styles of some TV clergymen. One modern songwriter composed a song with the title: “Would Jesus Wear a [$10,000] Rolex [watch] on His Television Show?” The song goes on to say: “Would Jesus be political if He came back to earth, have His second home in [luxurious] Palm Springs and try to hide His worth?” In addition, more and more clergymen condone or practice homosexuality. Even now the Catholic Church in the United States is paying millions of dollars in damages to compensate for priests guilty of sexual abuse of children.

My question dear dubbie is this ...

In light of the above paragraph from your Watchtower magazine, how can you stand there with a straight face suggesting I look at your rolex wearing, United Nations joining, Governing Body on JWTV; that I donate to their luxurious new complex in Warwick, or in light of the findings of the A.R.C., that I should trust them in regard to the protection of children from sexual abuse?

Hmmmm?

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Freddo:

APOSTATE LIES!! 😉

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

If Jesus was on the earth today, would he be asked to shave before he'd be allowed to give a talk on the platform?

-

Can a Governing Body member be taken task and called to a Judicial Committee by the body of elders?

-

Referring to the anointed who partake of the emblems, Watchtower have said:

The number of partakers includes those who mistakenly think that they are anointed. Some who at one point started to partake of the emblems later stopped. Others may have mental or emotional problems that lead them to believe that they will rule with Christ in heaven. Therefore, the number of partakers does not accurately indicate the number of anointed ones left on earth." Watchtower 2016 Jan study ed pp.25-26

With that in mind, could the governing body be mistaken in thinking that they're anointed? Would we ever know if they really were? If they're not anointed, should they even be on the governing body?

-

The Governing Body admit that they are "neither inspired nor infallible" [Watchtower Feb 2017]. Isnt this also true of The Pope? The Archbishop of Canterbury? Thomas S Monson of The Latter Day Saints? The Dalai Lama? You and me?

-

How do we know that all this new light is not just apostasy?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Paley - How do we know that all this new light is not just apostasy?

I told a jobo that, just as the Kings of Israel led the nation into apostacy(tm), this is whatt he governing body is doing to the jobos.

They got the point.

I don't believe this by the way, because I don't believe in god.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

A lot of great ones here. I wonder like Cofey though if any of these would really wake someone up? Some of these I would have eaten alive in my JW apologist years. What might get people to think?

I liked this one.

Do you believe in freedom of religion?"

(yes of course)

"Then why do you not speak to people when they quit your religion?"

Simple and puts them on the spot. They will either have to lie, write you off, or be uncomfortable. If you do it with kindness and sincerity....could have an effect?

• ozbrad
    ozbrad

I had an elder at the door a while back who wouldn't take a hint to leave so I baited him by saying I didn't believe in talking snakes. He answered no it wasn't the snake it was satan talking through him. So i retorted 'Then why did god punish the snake'? He couldn't answer that and left.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Please explain how the Egyptian Empire existed before and after the flood of Noahs day.

Why did the Egyptians fail to record the event?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    probbers - I wonder ...............if any of these would really wake someone up?

As we've said before, a person will only leave when they're ready and want to more often than not.

I am of the opinion (probably wrong), that biblical questions don't work as easily as non biblical questions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit