JW Stumper Questions - List You Best Here

by pale.emperor 114 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Hi guys. Sooner or later we're going to get a JW knocking on our door. Just like when we were JW's doing the knocking, it's good to have a question prepared to get them thinking about their own beliefs.

So, if you could ask just on question to get them thinking or make them see that their religion is wrong what one would you use?

Here's mine:

Is shunning an identifying mark of Christianity? If so, who did Jesus shun?

Is it possible that Paul started his own brand of Christianity? Different from that of say Apollos or the apostles? Because 1 Corinthians 3:4 say "For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere human beings?".

Did Moses, Elijah, Isaiah or any other prophet ever have to wait on New Light?

Was Lot disfellowshipped for getting drunk and having sex with his daughters?

Should he have been?

[Regarding blood transfusions] Is a symbol of life more important that an actual life?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Were CT Russell, JF Rutherford & FW Franz part of the Faithful and Discreet Slave?

[Current teaching is 'no']

A JW from Rutherford's or Franz's time who answered 'no' would've been disfellowshipped for apostasy. A JW today must answer 'no' to avoid getting disfellowshipped for apostasy. What do you make of this?

• venus
    venus

I would ask:

What makes you stick to the organization even after numerous changes it made in the teaching--something that is not the sign of being God-directed?

• sir82
    sir82

Explain to me, Biblically, what is the difference between a "blood fraction" and a "blood component", and why the acceptance of a "blood fraction" is a "conscience matter", while acceptance of a "blood component" will lead to a person "disassociating himself by his actions".

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Why didn't the prodigal son have to sit at the back of the Kingdom hall(TM) or it's ancient equivalent for moths, possibly years before his father spoke to him again?
    Explain Luke 10:7
    If you won't have a tattoo (Leviticus 19:28). because the scripture in Micah says Jehovah(tm) doesn't change,(this was the reasoning at elders school), Why don't you obey 'Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.' Leviticus 19:19 same chapter?
  • Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

Explain to me Deut 18:20-22 and the false predictions that have been made

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    1. When you tell people to examine their religions, have you honestly examined your own religion ?
    2. Organ Transplants were banned by Watchtower, relating it to Cannibalism. Why did the WT revoke it ? What reasons were given ? How many died before that ?
    3. Can you explain why your religions permits certain fractions of blood while banning others. Biblical reasons ? How does the human body treat consumed blood and transfused blood ?
    4. Are you aware of all the failed Doomsday predictions of WT ?
    5. Story behind Beth Sarim ?
    6. Do you know WT had been a member of the UNO ?
    7. Can you explain the Overlapping generations, precisely ? How many times this was revised ?
    8. If your religion excuses itself with "New Light" theory, can the same excuse be applied for the wrongness of Christendom ?
    9. You allow your own members and children to die refusing blood transfusion. Life doesn't matter here. But celebrating birthday is a great SIN.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Have you understood what your Governing body member, Mr Jackson, said at the Australian Royal Commission? Do you agree with what he said or consider him an Apostate(tm) for what he said?

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Prepare yourself for the same old, standard rhetoric: "We are not here to get into debates...". Of course you're not. You're here to preach AT. Funny how when folks at the door ask push-over questions like, "there can't be a God, otherwise why would he allow suffering?" or "I was taught we'd go to Hell for sinning" that the Witnesses are ready to engage in what they'd describe as a "conversation". But as soon as it's a thought-provoking question such as the ones listed above, it's suddenly a "debate" to be avoided like the plague.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

You claim that Jesus has returned and that armageddon is near. Bearing that in mind, why would I join you in defiance of Luke 21:8 -

Look out that you are not misled, for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time is near.’ Do not go after them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit