The "Trinity" is not Biblical.

by Revealed 86 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Revealed
    Revealed

I have no idea.

Maybe it the scripture: Heb 6:4- For it is impossible to restore again to repentance those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 -and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6- if they then commit apostasy, since they crucify the son of God on their own account and hold him up to contempt. 7 -For land which has drunk the rain that often falls upon it, and brings forth vegetation useful to those for whose sake it is cultivated, receives a blessing from God.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    Vanderhoven717 hours agoEverApostate : How many times has Christ responded ....and conversed with you?
    Revealed: Not a one
    The reason for that is that you never addressed him. Christians don't talk to angels so you have never

Vanderhoven. Are you an ExJw ? I am surprised that you still believe in Jesus. BTW what Christian denomination are you in and Which one does Christ Support.

As I said I had been a Protestant for 32 years and a JW for 11 years and had made thousands of fervant prayers to Jesus. He never responded. It was like taking to a wall. He didnt respond to even more Zealous christians than me.

These concepts of "Believe in jesus", get saved, eternal life are all just wish ful thinking . They dont have a tinge of evidence but provide ample comfort who are terrified about life and death.

The historicity of Jesus is very shaky. And the miracles he promised never happen to anyone today. Despite that, people still beleive and advocate him. Thats how humans would behave. Believing in a hypothesis that gives them 24/7 comfort

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Just believe what Spurgeon said. Best preacher ever.

• zooooooo
    zooooooo

About 8 years after I had left the JW I had a conversation with one of my children regarding the trinity. A school friend had been talking to my child, they were baptists, and although I disagreed with JW on many things I thought they were right about the trinity, and I explained the reasons why to my child. I felt strongly about the subject.

I think it was a couple of years later, it may have been four, an elder who regularly called on me came one Saturday morning and we had a discussion about the trinity, this was due to a subject in one of the magazines he left me, the discussion led to the trinity. It was after that discussion that I saw the subject from a totally different perspective. I could no longer agree with the JW

It was the elder that changed my viewpoint. (He was arguing against the trinity)

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Punkofnice,

I am well thank you...working on my 17th year of retirement and enjoying every day.

Many a Baptist will tell you once saved, always saved. But as soon as you reject Christ, they say you were never saved or born again in the first place.

One thing for sure biblically speaking, is that Christ will never turn away anyone who comes to him,. John 6:37 That applied to the common people as well as the religious rulers of Jesus day.

Again, biblically speaking, there is a sin unto death against the Holy Spirit. But those who commit this sin, like Satan, are not interested in repentance or turning to God.

There is always room at the ✝️ for those seeking shelter.

Talk soon

Vandy

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi EverApostate,

No, i never was a JW. I attend a non-denominational assembly. My son Sean is one of the pastors. We pray for every church where the Bible is preached.

I have no idea why you did not get a response to prayers. All I know is that God speaks. I have heard from the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

I know two people who were healed of serious medical conditions, one of cancer and one (Velma) of cerebral palsy. Velma was quadriplegic, couldn't walk, stand sit or talk. Her father was an Atheist as a result. Her sisters took her to a faith healer and she came home walking and talking. Her dad became a Christian as a result. Both of these ladies were teaching colleagues of mine.

So yes, I believe God still heals today and that there is healing provided in the atonement.

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

@Revealed

Are JWs Christians?

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

Is the WTBTS as governed by the Guardians of Our Doctrines aka Governing body the only channel JEHOVAH is using to dispense past, present and future truth of the Bible?

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    know two people who were healed of serious medical conditions, one of cancer and one (Velma) of cerebral palsy. Velma was quadriplegic, couldn't walk, stand sit or talk. Her father was an Atheist as a result. Her sisters took her to a faith healer and she came home walking and talking

Hard to beleieve but if they had recovered from their sickness, I am happy about that.

And if you would please let me know that faith healer who healed, perhaps I can try.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

@EverApostate,

Ginny, the other teacher, was healed after being scheduled for an operation. She prayed that if God would heal her she would work with disabled children for the rest of her life and she did all her career. Velma who passed away in her 80s was healed as a child at an Aimee Semple McPherson meeting.

My son Sean was healed instantaneously of a serious knee injury caused be an intentional body blow to the knee. He was left limping and often in pain as a result. We were sitting in church one afternoon and he told me his knee was killing him. Right about then, the evangelist preaching started calling out physical problems people were experiencing and telling them to stand and be healed. I prayed silently,"Lord if you are talking to the preacher will you tell him about Sean's knee." Within seconds, He called out, "There is someone in the room with a right knee injury, come forward and be healed". Sean was healed in his seat and he knew it. As he went forward, the evangelist said, "God is going to heal you!" to which Sean responded, "He already has."

My daughter, Rebecca injured her back and could not take gym classes as a result. I invited my friend, Lawrence over for supper,( a guy you can catch on YouTube who likes to debate Atheists btw) As we were eating Rebecca told him about her back issue. He told her that after supper God would heal her. Later, he asked her to lie on our sofa and asked me to lay my hand on her back. He simple said, "Jesus would you heal Rebecca's back" She was healed instantly and began taking gym classes at school. Days later, I asked him how he knew that Rebecca would be healed and he told me that on the way driving to our house, God gave him a vision of a back being healed.

It is interesting that in the gospels, Jesus healed everyone who came to him for healing. I think we should be seeing more healing of body and soul than we see happening today in the church.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit