What's the difference between a Christian and a JW?

by nowwhat? 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

humbled 6 hours ago

What's the difference between a Christian and a JW?

Christians don’t have to have a recovery forum?

http://new.exchristian.net/2015/04/h-eres-my-life.html

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Biblically speaking, all Christians are born of and indwelt by the Spirit. Can a person be born of the Spirit without thinking they are? I would answer this in the affirmative.

GOD know's the heart of each person as to whether or not they have truly repented and surrendered their lives to Jesus Christ.

When such individuals either have a crisis of conscience or are kicked out of the synagogue so to speak, they tend to hang on to their commitment to God and His Son. Take Ray Franz for example.

• humbled
    humbled

cofty, Dr Who—point well made.

Your comments brought to mind scripture, oddly enough:

18Woe to those who wish for the day of the Lord!

Why do you want the Lord’s day of judgment to come?

It will bring darkness, not light.

19Disaster will be inescapable,

as if a man ran from a lion only to meet a bear,

then escaped into a house,

leaned his hand against the wall,

and was bitten by a poisonous snake.

20Don’t you realize the Lord’s day of judgment will bring darkness, not light

Amos 5: 18-20

P.s. but come on, fellas. We can be proud of this can’t we— JWs rank as outstanding in the rankings of f**ked up Christian groups?

• Steel
    Steel

Never in human history have two democracies have gone to war against each other. We don't live in an era where the king of France will send an army to fight the queen if Norway etc etc.

The idea evangelical Christians are killing evangelical Christians is ridiculous.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    Never in human history have two democracies have gone to war against each other.

I beg to differ. Canada burned down the White House in 1812.

• Steel
    Steel

Lol

Ok Trump.🤣

I think technically we were called pomes at the time.

Prisoners of Mother England

• humbled
    humbled
    The idea evangelical Christians are killing evangelical Christians is ridiculous.—steel

do evangelical Christians refuse combat? Do they poll the opposing army as to their religious affliction?

The United States fought a war that literally divided their churches. I will check it out but l recall that Southern Baptist became such as an accomodation of the war between the States. The Episcopal Church saw war on the horizon and suspended their troubled conventions until after the war to technically avoid having to write the history of the real divisions that existed between them. They slaughtered one another . Gen. Leonides Polk was an asshole of a man in my opinion who commanded one of his company to fire on the new Gen. Grant in an early battle near Cairo, IL. as Grant on a borrowed mount( his own having been shot from beneath him) was bringing up the rear and legging his mount over a plank to board their transport down the river. A feet of valor so fine that Polk’s “inferiors” refused to obey him.

Polk was a slave holder as were do many other southern clergy. But they were gratified ehen their “property” became Christian — like them.

there is a fairly ridiculous story of an Episcopal church in the South where Union forces occupied the city and came to worship. The southern minister, at sword point, had to make prayer for those in authority- “President Lincoln , or you die” in essence. Unhappy Christian.

Conflicted loyalties for sure.

• humbled
    humbled

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A huge omission from the above account.

I failed to mention this essential— General Polk was a BISHOP in the Episcopal Church.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

For the record

"By issuing the Declaration of Independence, adopted by the Continental Congress on July 4, 1776, the 13 American colonies severed their political connections to Great Britain. The Declaration summarized the colonists' motivations for seeking independence."

• Steel
    Steel

The nondenominational evangelical church movement is a relatively new movement.

There is no point taking about the US civil war.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit