I've Disassociated. It's getting announced tomorrow.

by Heathen Dan 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Incognito
    Incognito

Hi Dan,

Welcome to the forum.

Don't worry about the guy suing you. Talk is cheap and people often make ridiculous statements especially when they don't know what they are talking about.

Since your carer resigned, he has no grounds to say you terminated him. Where is his proof? Did he resign in writing? Even if he consults a lawyer, a lawyer with even basic knowledge would advise, he has no grounds for action.

How much notice did the carer provide before he stopped working for you? I don't know if there are minimum requirements in the UK but if notice wasn't sufficient, if anything, you might have grounds for action against him.

Enjoy your new life!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Hi Dan!!

Good to meet you! It's not often we have the pleasure of family members of *our* members joining! So lovely.

I think they are just trying to scare you with this talk of suing you. Any tribunal judge would laugh them out of court " yes your honour I had to hand in my resignation because he left his religion and now I have to SHUN him! He made me do it!!"

Yeah right, how is that going to make their organization look?? Not too good I'm thinking. Its all a ruse, Dan, don't you worry.There are lots of decent people looking for work who would love a job like that...especially nice people in your part of the world, some of the nicest people I've ever met up there!

Any road-up welcome to the forum and welcome to your freedom!

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Welcome Dan to this site. I am so happy for you leaving. I remember when I finally left 90% of all my stress went away. You really have a great brother I hope you two will become even closer. Looking forward to your thoughts on this board in the future. You give us all happy feet. πŸ˜πŸ˜€πŸ˜Šβ˜ΊπŸ˜‚. Still Totally ADD

• never a jw
    never a jw

Welcome Dan. Glad you made it out of the cult. You have a wonderful brother to lean on.

It may be tough at first, but later it gets better, much better.

• Faded
    Faded

Hi & Welcome! Many of us feel we know you already through your brother.

We are very happy you've found your way on here and away from the cult.
    I know the shunning is going to be hard. And all this talk of suing, losing carers, etc, has to be worrying. Please keep us up to date and let us know if you need advice, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit