I've Disassociated. It's getting announced tomorrow.

by Heathen Dan 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Listener
    Listener

I'm glad you were able to make it out of the cult and make some changes in your life for the better.

Its unbelievable that they are talking about suing you. It would look really bad for them when you explained that your carer was taking advantage of his position and harassing you. I doubt the courts would look favourably upon him.

• just fine
    just fine

Hi and welcome. It’s really a shame that the Witnesses like to run other people’s lives. You get to make decisions for your life, they are upset because you took that power away from them. 🍺 to you and this new chapter of your life.

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

Hey!!!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Dan your the man,good for you and welcome to the forum

Take care my friend.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Welcome, Dan! Congrats to your new found freedom. Don't let their hateful words get to you. I think most of us have all experienced the same thing from our family. I have also been labeled disgusting, bitter, angry, crazy, and I am sure a host of other labels they come up with. Let their words just roll off your back. The world is full of great people. And now that you've left the Witnesses, you can find them!

• zeb
    zeb

Please,.... have you situation reviewed by social services.

Were these jw 'carers' being paid?

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Welcome Dan! Don't get lost in the FOG. Trust yourself and your own mind.

Enjoy making your own way and your own life. I'm so glad you have your brother on your side and that he has you.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Hey Heathen Dan

Welcome to crazy town, hope you enjoy the ride, the freedom is invigorating.

Those first deep breaths of fresh air are amazing.

Regards

Kevin

• Onager
    Onager

Welcome! Your brother sounds like a great guy. I hope you two have a great time running through the fields of freedom!

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

Welcome! I'm sorry to hear your family is treating you unkind. Limit your time with them.

Stick with your brother and other people who are nice to you. You deserve nothing less - no matter what anyone tells you. You seem to have a clear grasp of things.The elders are no better than you or me. People who are non-jw's are very nice. Trust your instincts!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit