I've Disassociated. It's getting announced tomorrow.

by Heathen Dan 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Heathen Dan
    Heathen Dan

Hello everyone. This is my first post to this site, im pale.emperor's brother:)

First of all, i've left being a JW in June. Since then my family have tried to convince me it's "the truth" and force me to go back even though it's my own decision. I had a carer working for me who is an elder, he tried to force me to go back to the cult whenever he was with me. So to shut them up and to get them to leave me alone i written a disassocation letter and handed it to the elders. So this elder has now resigned from working as my carer. Now, my step-dad (also a JW) is recommending that they go to a tribunal and sue me, claiming that i sacked him. But i didnt. He resigned because im handed my disassociation letter in.

I think the JWs are going to try to sue me in court. Imagine that! Since i stopped going to meetings in June they kept nagging me to go to the hall and saying im disgusting. I kept telling them that im now a JW and i dont want to be one. They're said im still a JW and i must talk to the elders. But i dont think the elders are anything special. Some of them swear, none of them are any better than me or you.

Today i had to go to my mums house because someone from social services was there to fill in some papers about my aspergers syndome and remove the elder as my carer. My mum told me im disgusting and that my brother is a liar. But they havent spoken to him in two years so how would they know? He hasnt told me anything. I left AND THEN spoke to him. I really like not being a JW anymore. In fact, im ashamed i ever was one. There are people i meet everyday that are nice people and good to me. They're not evil.

Sorry if my first post is everwhere. I dont know what to say. But i would like to hear from ex-elders and make some friends on here.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

Hello Dan,

Welcome! There are some wonderful people on here who will help and support you and I know your brother cares for you very, very much. I'm not that far from you (N.Wales)

I can't believe they've talked of suing you, imagine that in court?? The courts wouldn't take too kindly to them, would they?

You've done a very brave thing and I know you are going to be just fine and remember, you are never alone. You have your brother and all of us on here.

Take care of yourself.

xx

• Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome to the Forum. You are no stranger to many of us who follow your Brother's posts.

A lot of folks on this forum knew you first through a photo of you and your brother. Big grins on your faces.

He brought you up when he first arrived here. If I remember correctly you were the only one he really missed. When you got back in touch he was a happy camper. He mentioned the pressure you were under and then that day happened and he rushed to the hospital. I'll tell you that was a sad day for this forum.

He got ahold of the attending Doctor and persuaded him to ban the Elders under the 'only family' proviso.

We had a much better day when he told us you were 'out'. I don't think anyone was simply happy you left the religion....... more so that you needed to made a bold move to get rid of a very toxic environment.

I look forward to your journey out and your friendship.

GIO

• Hanged Man
    Hanged Man

HD.....well done mate.....welcome to your freedom.....funny how the "most loving people on earth" disappear as soon as you wake up to the bullshit....isn't it?

• steve2
    steve2

Welcome Dan. Wishing you well in your new journey!

• Londo111
    Londo111

Congrats on waking up and walking away.

I'm sorry you are going through all the turmoil the cult is causing.

If they took you to court, I believe they would lose.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Hi, welcome to the zoo. Stay strong.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Next time you visit your Mom and Stepdad make sure you record them and the way they speak to you....... if indeed a court gets involved. If she says your disgusting or other nasties you can demonstrate the religious pressure that was put on you.

They would also call that Elder for the reason he resigned from your care.

Your Brother was an eye witness (the best kind of witness) to your treatment and there is a hospital record of who got banned from your room.

• SummerAngel
    SummerAngel

Hi Dan welcome,

its always tough to walk away but it gets easier. Just remember people only have the power over us we allow them to. Dont let them mess your head up. There are some great carers out there social services can help you find a non JW one. They can also help you find an advocate, thats someone who can support you and put your opinions forward in any type of meeting. JWs would have you believe that without them everything goes wrong but most people find the opposite is true. There is lots of help, suport and goodness on the outside.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

hi Dan--welcome to the site.

as regards your former carer intending to sue you----for money ? have you got any ? best go to citizens advice and report this to them. have you had anything in writing ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit