I am getting disfellowshipped

by CitizenofEarth 60 Replies latest jw experiences

• VW.org
    VW.org

Do not go to anymore meetings. Do not answer any unsolicited phone calls. Do not engage with them in public.

Resume your happy life without fuckwits annoying you.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I guess I'll be that one person that tells you it's your life and go if you want. Don't feel compelled to go for sure, and don't think you're going to beat them in a rigged game. However, if it makes you feel good to go, if you find closure in it, if you just feel like it is how you want to go out for any reason, it's your life. If I listened to others I wouldn't have disassociated and that was one of the best decisions of my life. Do you. Listen to everyone here but make your own decision. You're not in a cult anymore.

• paradiseseeker
    paradiseseeker

Don't go, as simple as that.

Several hours questioning about your deeds and beliefs can cause a headache. There is no point in trying to convince them. Even if you could, they know they can't leave things like that and will follow the normal procedure. And of course, it would be useless as no other JW will hear what you say.

Don't go and let them tell their wives (and the whole congregation the day after) that you are going to be disfellowshipped because of ignoring shunning, not because of apostasy. There would be still a chance to keep contact with your relatives.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Do you have any suggestions for points i could bring forth under the judicial meeting. I know i will get disfellowshipped, but i wont go silent out, and i plan to record it for my family to hear. If i could bring up some valid points i could make show some willing souls what really goes on in there.

Keep in mind that:

• The power that they claim to have is made up. They have absolutely no power and no authority over you.
    • They are not there to help you; they are not your friends. They are there to solve their problem of having you around. They cannot care less about you.
    • Think about your own self when you were 100% convinced that you were in the truth, and that there wasn't anyone who could tell you otherwise. Would you have listened to what you'd like to tell them now, then?

That said, I'd also like you to know that different people approach JCs differently, depending on their circumstances and the kind of relationship that they want/have to maintain with their local congregation. Some people don't want to be shunned by loved ones and prefer to play their game because it's in their best interest. Others ignore, others gives them the finger, and others like me, put a show to get a cheap thrill out of seeing them hearing what they want to hear.

It's up to you, please acknowledge your own unique experience and relationship with that organization. I strongly suggest you to consider your own unique situation. As much as they try to convince us that we are sheep, we are in fact, human beings.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Unless you want to blast them with some scriptures showing where they are wrong not only with you but your friend getting dfd for kissing a girl then what’s the point of going? I would just not go.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

You could jump the gun on them and write your own DA letter to the BOE and just slip it under the door of the KH before they have their meeting Whichever way it goes in time you will realize this is the best thing to happen to you..

You will be totally free of the cult .

Take care Citizen

• paradiseseeker
    paradiseseeker

PS: I've just read that you want to record the JC to show it to your family... I don't know them and how zealous about "the truth" they are. Just consider that they may not want to listen to it...

In any case, if you decide to go, I would bring forth the parable of the prodigal son, and how his father ran to hug him without knowing absolutely nothing about his intentions or if he had given up his sinful lifestyle. You can try to point out that the Bibles forbids in 1 Corinthians 5:11 keeping company with "anyone called a brother", in other words, those who live a double life, not those who left.

In the case they counterattack with 2 John 9-11, you can find some interesting information in this thread (I haven't read it all and it may not be enough to discredit them, but is the only thing I've found)

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/173814/societys-use-2-john-9-11-justify-total-shunning-totally-wrong

And if you can find a Watchtower from the 40s (sorry I don't remember the exact issue) that strongly condemns excommunication, that could be funny. But that is "older light", so it will have little effect on them.

Anyway, anything you can bring forth will make them spot you as an apostate for "twisting the Scriptures".

Whatever you decide, good luck and congratulations for being so brave at such a young age. I'm a bit older than you and I haven't left yet, I admire you so much.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

According to Governing Body member Geoffery Jackson in his testimony to the Royal Australian Commission, if a person leaves on his or her own accord and becomes inactive, they have disassociated themselves and the congregation doesn't pursue the matter unless they try to come back.

This video covers the official stance on that matter, starting at the 1:00 mark at the beginning of the video.

This video covers the official stance on that matter starting at the 1:00 mark at the beginning of the video.

I wouldn't go to the hearing. Perhaps you can send the video to the elder who is talking to you and point out the part he needs to listen to and let him know that's why you won't be attending the meeting.

Later if they still pursue the matter with you, you could let them know that if there is any sort of announcement made about you or if they try to influence your family against associating with you, you'll be looking into what legal avenues are available for you to pursue.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    will not bow under from this peer pressure and throw my friends away just because they dont live exactly the way i live. This made them rather mad, as they they now see me as hypocritical and without remorse.

This made them MAD because you pushed a button with them and their guilt and cognitive dissonance that they know deep down shunning is an Christian act made them feel uncomfortable. They also don't like their loss of control over you.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Write them a letter with just four words

PISS UP YOUR BACKS!!!

just continue to live life to the fullest as you’ve been doing ... except do it openly now . A bold faced “Fuck You “ attitude is the best one for these scum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit