I am getting disfellowshipped

by CitizenofEarth 60 Replies latest jw experiences

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

sometimes the f-bomb just---works.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

"Bring up some valid points?" Sorry to tell you, but they are not setting up the kangaroo court so that you can enlighten them. You will teach them nothing. Their purpose is to execute you, and they will shut you up as soon as you start to say anything they don't like.

If you turn up, you are legitimising the cult's authority over you and allowing 3 of its hit-men to carry out their dirty deed. DON'T GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

About the only thing that could stop it now might be some legal action. Still doubtful. Yet I have heard of threats of legal action causing them to not "officially" DF a person but just quietly inform the publishers that CoE is bad association.

You could possibly state you were trusting G. Jackson's testimony to the ARC that one can "simply walk away" as truthful.

Likely, you're just screwed in these circumstances.

• millie210
    millie210

Hi Citizen, do you have a reason or feel strongly that you need to go to this meeting with the elders?

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Speaking as a former elder, I don't think anything they could actually DF you for.

So don't go. Even if they did I wouldnt go.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Good on you Citizen of the earth for waking up to the JW insanity and having your own values of where loyalty should be placed.

As others advised, I also suggest you don't go to be humiliated by a bunch of window cleaners at a judicial committee, they are after your blood not your wisdom. In other words; don't feed the sharks.

You might phone in advance to let them know you won't be attending--worldly people are so polite! The experience of others from this site indicates no benefit will accrue since you are likely to be d/fd anyway but if you do choose to go, let us know how you got on.

As a practical measure and being independent of your family make sure you keep in employment to look after yourself and secondly keep your old comrades but make a network of new ones as well. If possible defy the ignorance of the JW org and get some college education under your belt. All the best to you and hold your head high.

• freddo
    freddo

DO NOT GO!!!!!!!!!

The KS10 Elders handbook states that it must be spiritual fellowship with other DF's for them to be able to DF you.

There is a small chance they are bluffing. (Though they might try to use their new favorite Brazen Conduct or Causing Divisions card) They will need to get their witnesses to say exactly what has happened.

DO NOT GO!!!!!!!

IF... IF... IF... - they communicate afterwards with you that you have been disfellowshipped then tell them you do not recognise their authority; that they are breaking their own rules and you are appealing and are writing to Bethel and if any announcement about you is made then you will instruct your lawyer to seek legal remedy against the JC members individually.

So ...

1. SHUT UP and DON'T GO.

2. IF they hold a JC in absentia then they MUST tell you the result.

3. IF THEY DO ... Tell them you are ignoring their incorrectly convened "theocratic" court and you are appealing to Bethel and to a lawyer about seeking legal and financial redress if any announcement is to be made.

4. Keep us informed so we can help you every step of the way.

DO NOT GO!!!!!! UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!!!!!!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Do not attend the JC. Tell them that you will only attend if you can bring an attorney. Play hard ball with them. These guys are hunting you. I am going through the same thing. I give them NOTHING!!!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Sorry you are going through this. There seems little way around it now. Even grovelling might not work, which you are probably not prepared to do anyway.

But I do wonder about one thing. When they confronted you about spending time with DFed people, couldn't you simply have lied? You could have said sorry, and you won't do it again, but then carry on seeing them regardless. In other words, why did you feel that these people deserved the truth? I take the position that no one has a right to my personal information if they will use that information to harm me or others. If they ask a question that crosses that boundary they should not expect a truthful answer. They were wrong to ask the question in the first place, you are not wrong if you give a misleading answer.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

They already said you would get disfellowshiped when they met with you the first time. What is the point of the JC meeting? Just so they can say they followed proper procedure and tick the box on whatever forms go to HQ.

Like everyone says, going now only gives them the impression that you accept their authority over you. Do you? No and rightly so.

No need to communicate with them at all, ever. They will disfellowship you anyway.

Good on you for being a true friend, it is so rare in the religion we grew up in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit