I am getting disfellowshipped

by CitizenofEarth 60 Replies latest jw experiences

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

You could simply blow off the hearing. Or, if you are forced to go, tell them that you are disfellowshipping them for being a party to the enslavement of the whole world. They are in fact using their damnation book, and the placement of such through the whole world, to supply joke-hova the energy to enslave and damn the whole human race. For sure, that is a far more serious offense than associating with disfellowshipped people, or even the fornication they were supposedly disfellowshipped for.

You will probably still be disfellowshipped. But, at least you will be able to plant a seed of shame and guilt on them, if they still have any ability to have a conscience that is not based on the "duty" to help joke-hova to enslave the whole universe and destroy any and every trace of freedom and ruin all valuable life wherever it may be.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

If you have to ask for "Valid points" to bring up, perhaps you don't have your mind made up? The points that expose it for you is what you should present, if you go. I am with the majority, "Stop, Drop and Roll." Don't empower them by submitting to them. You want out? Go let them have it, but know you will seem mean spirited and bitter. Do as you wish.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

In your situation I would agree that there is little point attending.....unless you don't want to be d/f'd in which case a defence might be :

A) That their comments to you were prejudicial and showed that they had already made their decision without allowing you to make a defense.... That is not the way . The maxim for a J C should be " our aim is to gain our brother"

B) When I was involved in these things we were told , and it was in the "Shepherding" book, that if a lapsed Witness was known to be involved in wrongdoing then we should consider " does he consider himself a Witness?" " does the cong. View him as a Witness?"

If not....leave him alone.

It looks like this hearing is done against you, but should you wish to make an appeal, these are considerations. If not.... then stuff them! ....and get on with your life..

Good luck.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

If you do insist on going....then certainly take a recorder...and tell the elders you will be recording the proceedings.

They will cancel the meeting.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I didn't go to my JC. Instead I went and played guitar with a fellow apostate™ friend.

I decided not to give them any power over me. Who did these window cleaners and floor sweepers thing they were?

If I'd have known then what I know now I would have told them I was bringing a legal rep with me. I'd have paid a solicitor to write a 'cease and desist' letter threatening then with legal action.

Hey ho. I didn't and it doesn't matter. they're still little nobodies,

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

so sorry citizenof earth

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

This is a trick.

Because you've not attended for a good while they cant treat you as a fully fledged JW.

If you turn up to the JC, they can take that as you respecting the authority of the body of elders. If you dont show, they cant touch you.

First of all, i'd write to them saying that you refuse to attend a JC and if you are announced from the platform as "no longer being a JW" you will proceed with legal action. Make yourself a fake solicitors letter and include it. They shit themselves. As you can see from page 86 of Shepherd The Flock Of God (elders guidebook) they're not even allowed to confirm that there even if a JC!!

• tiki
    tiki

If you go you are in effect saying that they have authority over you...which they do not. You have no need to explain or justify or defend yourself. And you could Talk yourself blue in the face and you are not going to have any effect on them. Please do not subject yourself to a kangaroo court. Not worth the time and effort.

• Earnest
    Earnest

The most recent edition of the book Shepherd the Flock of God, p.116 states :

6. If members of the congregation are known to have undue association with disfellowshipped or disassociated relatives who are not in the household, elders should counsel and reason with those members of the congregation from the Scriptures. Review with them information from the “God’s Love” book, pages 207-208; The Watchtower of April 15, 1988, pages 26-30; or the article “Display Christian Loyalty When a Relative Is Disfellowshipped” in the August 2002 Our Kingdom Ministry. If it is clear that a Christian is violating the spirit of the disfellowshipping decree in this regard and does not respond to counsel, it may be that he would not qualify for congregation privileges, which require one to be exemplary. He would not be dealt with judicially unless there is persistent spiritual association or he openly criticizes the disfellowshipping decision.

However, note that is referring to association with disfellowshipped relatives. In discussing brazen conduct on p.60 it says :

10. Though this is not an exhaustive list, brazen conduct may be involved in the following if the wrongdoer has an insolent, contemptuous attitude made evident by a practice of these things:

˙ Willful, continued, unnecessary association with disfellowshipped nonrelatives despite repeated counsel.—Matt. 18:17b; 1 Cor. 5:11, 13; 2 John 10, 11; w81 9/15 pp. 25-26.

I don't think they have a case. Only you know whether your attitude was insolent or contemptuous, or whether you continued association despite repeated counsel. Personally, I would go and respectfully defend my case if I did not believe my conduct was brazen, or if I had not received repeated counsel before I associated. But it's your call.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Yes, it all depends on what you want and how you decide to play it.

But I would not attend any meeting without fully expecting to be disfellowshipped.

The religious rulers disfellowshipped Jesus, and you know the spirit by which he dealt with them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit