Elders and Attendants sing, clap and turn backs on Street Preacher after Duluth RC.

by ToesUp 81 Replies latest jw experiences

• steve2
    steve2

Wow - that's an interesting update Solzhenitsyn. Shows how appearances can be so deceiving.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

In their 140 year history, Jehovah's Witnesses have tried every means to preach their gospel. They have won many United States Supreme Court cases to preach their message.

Somehow, this puny little man has no business preaching his message on public property. His message somehow bothers them to the point of having brain-dead brothers looking like a bunch of goons.

• MrExJW
    MrExJW

How embarrassing.

Christianity is a joke.

• MrExJW
    MrExJW

Hey SUAVOJUR!
    My fake god is bigger than your fake god!!!

:)

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Another delusional fool who probably believes God is calling him to rule heaven.........

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Solzhenitsyn

Sent you a PM.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"The attendant overseer mentioned above (and COBE in his Dunwoody, GA cong) also had a part on the convention, the Watchtower Study. He had his wife and daughter up on the stage along with others providing canned answers and reading scriptures. There he was on the stage, with his family for 30 minutes, in front of 10,000 people and during the same time frame was sleeping with another brothers wife! Whoo hoo!"

How many on here see stories like this? We did! The shiny little family on stage that portrays "spirituality", all the while they keep their dirty little secrets under wrap. It's all about appearances in the JW cult!!!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    ToesUp: The shiny little family on stage that portrays "spirituality", all the while they keep their dirty little secrets under wrap. It's all about appearances in the JW cult!!!

It is not just the JW cult. I find that all religious people are like that, to some degree or other. Those who have the shiniest faces and the neatest appearance are those who are the happiest - they have found a mask to hide behind. Religion suits their purposes. It forgives them of the sins they need to keep hidden.

My now deceased father-in-law said it best:

"If you ever move to a town with the goal of setting up a business, go to church first. Sit in the back and pay attention to those who attend. The ones who sit in the front and those who say "Amen" the loudest...those are the ones you can't trust. Don't do business with them. "

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I agree with your father in law Birdie. Those businesses that have religious symbols, or other obvious religious scripture etc., displayed on their vehicles, advertisements etc., I immediately feel a distrust, and move on to the next business.

"Thou doust (sp?) protest too much" is a good guide in many situations concerning a public promotion of trust.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

You are correct OrphanCrow!! Like I say, "there is the good, the bad and the ugly in everything."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit