2017 Service Year Report Worldwide - INDIVIDUALLY LISTED LANDS and COUNTRIES

by darkspilver 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

Thank you Darkspilver! The future doesn't look very good for WT when most of the South American, Central American countries and Mexico have less than 2.5% growth. In the past, growth in those countries was huge.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver
    Phizzy: I find the figures for Ireland hard to follow, an increase in Peak Pubs, but a big increase in the ratio of general population to Pubs, which translates to a huge minus % in the last column. Would this not mean that Ireland has had a huge population increase in just one year ???

haha! thanks! they ARE hard to follow....

It appears that WT has made another typo/mistake (see notes at bottom of table regarding population of Guinea-Bissau)

WT appears to have added the population of Ireland (4.75 million) with Northern Ireland (1.85 million) to make 6.6 million

WT Ireland 2016

• Population: 4,713,993
    • Peak Publisher: 6,585
    • Congregations: 119

WT Ireland 2017

• Population: 6,632,107
    • Peak Publisher: 6,747
    • Congregations: 120

The figures for Britain appear to be unaffected with the above mistake.

Until the WT updates their own figures - I'll use 4,773,095 from The World Bank
    https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.POP.TOTL?locations=IE

This therefore gives:

Ireland 2017 CORRECTED

• Population: 4,773,095
    • Peak 2016: 6,585
    • Peak 2017: 6,747
    • Increase: +2.5%
    • 2016 Ratio: 716
    • 2017 Ratio: 707
    • Real Terms Increase: +1.2%

In the Grand Totals, this slightly decreases the Population, I also appear to have a mistake/typo regarding the Grand Total Ratios (excl 'Other Lands') - the 2016 ratio is 649.6 (rounded to 650) and the 2017 ratio is 648.3 (rounded to 648) - the percentage increase in real terms appears to be uneffected at +0.2%

I will be looking at editing and re-posting an updated table - I want to see first if WT are going to edit their own data with regard to Russia, Guinea-Bissau and Ireland befor I rush out another version......
  • St George of England
    St George of England

However, population for Ireland in previous YB's:-

YB 2016 (2015) - 6,676,364

YB 2015 (2014) - 6,632,765

YB 2014 (2013) - 6,417,100

YB 2013 (2012) - 6,397,752

I was always under the impression that the WT Society treated Ireland, N and S as one country, or LAND as they call them.

George

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

St George of England

thanks - yeah, seems that the 2017 Yearbook with the 2016 Service Year was the odd-one out!

I thought the WT checked this stuff 70 times or something before printing it!!!

The actual Jdub numbers and figure appear robust (ie they match up similiar year-to-year) - the only problem is the population which effects the ratio and rel-terms increase <sigh>

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    I will be looking at editing and re-posting an updated table - I want to see first if WT are going to edit their own data with regard to Russia, Guinea-Bissau and Ireland befor I rush out another version

If you publish as Google Docs spreadsheet, you can update while the document is online. It's also easier for others to then copy-pasted the data in their own data files....

And of course, thank you very much for your efforts (but I said that on Reddit already too ;-)

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

For those interested in statistics like these, I also refer to the file created by 88JM containing numbers per country for 1981 to 2016:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/250532/25-years-compiled-yearbook-statistics?page=7

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I'm most shocked that:

1) they now report % increase/decrease (they used to report simply "% increase" with a "-" sign to indicate decrease

2) No more 0s or _s but reporting to tenths of a percent e.g., -0.3 percent decrease rather than a _

Why bother?

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

breakfast of champions: I'm most shocked that:....

Oh, they're not. I am.

I number crunched the data and devised the table myself, including the column headings etc.

I decided to go with 10ths of a percent to help give a general idea of either up-lift or down-lift.

Likewise I used both the + and the - in front to hopefully make it clearer.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Ah @darkspilver, got it.

I thought that was too realistic to be true!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    SBF South Africa lost 58 congregations. That's pretty huge.

Didn't they either loose their branch office or at the very least have hundreds of Bethelites sacked - many lifelong. That's gotta effect morale.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit