2017 Service Year Report Worldwide - INDIVIDUALLY LISTED LANDS and COUNTRIES

by darkspilver 61 Replies latest jw friends

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

Diogenesister - Not the Bethel at all its one of the "key" Bethels now but they did shed old driftwood. Medical insurance and care is costly in South Africa if you don't use the Govt Services.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thank you Darkspilver for your work on this, and for your explanation of "The Irish Question" LOL.

I like to keep an eye on the figures and draw my own conclusions, and to hear the opinions of yourself and others on here.

It gives me heart that the Borg is not actually doing very well, despite the heavy re-branding of recent years.

It is my fervent hope that I at least live long enough to see it dwindle to the point of being one of the many insignificant Cults. At present its claimed 8 million plus active JW's keeps it up there with the Big Boys of Cultworld, even if they are perhaps number 4 or 5 in that world.

• careful
    careful

Thank you, Darkspilver. There is plenty to digest here! I wonder what the GB's motives were for being so straightforward in releasing a report full of such bad news in certain areas. Generally they so love to candy coat things.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Wow, there are almost as many partakers now as there are Special fulltime servants

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

An updated official WT PDF of the 2017 Service Year has been uploaded to JWorg which includes both baptisms and memorial attendances for individual countries / territories.

PDF: https://download-a.akamaihd.net/files/media_books/c4/syr17_E.pdf

'All-in-one' Image: https://i.redd.it/mtndl03xba701.png

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Annoying that they seem to be holding back the average figures for some reason.

I reckon we'll see fewer and fewer statistics released in coming years. This is just the start. In fact it's not the start. It's part of a long trend going back at least to when they ceased publishing the monthly figures in the Kingdom Ministry.

I see Russia has been removed from the listing and added to the "other" column. Which produces an overall decrease. Comparison of this table with yours should reveal exactly how many Russian JWs have been lost in the last year.

I make that out to be 165,594, down 6,234 (3.6%) from 171,828. Not that big a decrease, considering the ban.

• freddo
    freddo

"Britain" is looking gloomy for them ...

5 years of STATS 2013-2017 Highest figure in bold italics

2013 PEAK PUBS/CONGS/MEMORIAL/BAPT 136,993 1558 223,845 2539

2014 PEAK PUBS/CONGS/MEMORIAL/BAPT 138,515 1571 230,577 2928

2015 PEAK PUBS/CONGS/MEMORIAL/BAPT 137,631 1605 225,584 2286

2016 PEAK PUBS/CONGS/MEMORIAL/BAPT 138,261 1626 226,750 2309

2017 PEAK PUBS/CONGS/MEMORIAL/BAPT 137,468 1613 222,201 2216

Pubs down 1,047 from their peak in 2014

Congs down 13 from their peak in 2016

Memorial down 8,376 from their peak in 2014

Baptisms down 712 from their peak in 2014

• Gayle
    Gayle

dark silver,, thx so much, but I think with this update, we'll "need a bigger boat," I mean it's own new thread??

By those numbers, no way U.S. had 1% increase,,even for their peak. This can't even by rounded up to that. increase of 684 divided by last year's peak is .06%,,( not even .1% )please correct me if I'm wrong.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

What is meant by %Real Terms? Eighth column from left

Alternative facts?

• Gayle
    Gayle

Do I understand correctly, on this new Service Report, are Aux. Pios. & Reg. Pios. combined?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit