2017 Service Year Report Worldwide - INDIVIDUALLY LISTED LANDS and COUNTRIES

by darkspilver 61 Replies latest jw friends

• darkspilver
  • nicolaou
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Thank goodness for that. Us of little faith. Going to enjoy examining this later.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

What is meant by %Real Terms? Eighth column from left

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

My suggestion is to use a formula incorporating the change by country in the 2016 - 2017 Peak Pubs to use in guesstimating the change in 2016 - 2017 Avg Pubs.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

What about reports from North Korea, Singapore, China and other countries where the JW are banned.

Jah - the almighty - is unable to life the ban on those countries or afraid to do so?

The most powerful in the universe cant do this? After all, the Bible says that Every nation is like a drop of water to Jah.

What if we ask a JW about this, and what would they reply ? Anyone ?

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Wowee wow wow ... the U.S. lost 462 congregations, but gained 600 publishers? How is that possible?

If these numbers added up, wouldn't we hear about meeting attendance being higher, or congregations being larger?

Looks like fuzzy math to me. I have no faith in their self reported statistics.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

Nice work, Darkspilver.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver
    dropoffyourkeylee: What is meant by %Real Terms? Eighth column from left

See the notes at the bottom of the table.

Increase (or decrease) of Jdubs compared to population increase (or decrease) from 2016 to 2017.

• Half banana
    Half banana

To the extent that the figures are true, they confirm the trend that the JW religion in Europe and the developed world which was stagnating, is now moving towards decline.

Poland leading the field here with a loss of 1896 members. Britain, Germany, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and Japan also in decline. France had a small gain.

The USA is now at the point of stagnation and I suggest that we can expect a Mexican wave in the future as lands which are Catholic and who have supplied members for the JW org in the past should also be heading for stagnation with Italy showing the way having gained only a few newbies and lost 21 kh's.

As we have discussed before Central and South America and war-torn Central Africa are bucking the trend for the moment as is India but for the richer and educated West, the heyday of JW religion was in the past.

Methinks Jehovah is driving his chariot with the handbrake on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit