Elders come to my door,

I tell them that I left because my favorite song is not in the new

Songbook,

What would they say?

Sadly, Elders aren't known for their sense of humour,

Lol

• Themdoubts
    Themdoubts

I liked the melody of Make the truth your own. Then they tweaked a note or 2 in the new version and it was really weird to sing after that.

On a different note I remember sitting with my friends in the KH and we all had a major WTF moment whenever we sang Jehovah is on my side - "I know that in this crucial hour my faith will yet be tested, Around me swarms the Devil's crowd - like bees that were molested"....

• smiddy
    smiddy

That was very funny sparrowdown

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

"....but as for me, determined I shall be, to live eternally....." cannot remember all words but tune keeps popping into my mind, sad really

• Funchback
    Funchback

My favorite Kingdom song?

The one that concluded any given meeting.

• TheFadingAlbatros
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

"Amazing Grace"

just saying!

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

I used to like: "Laud our God! Laud Jehovah God! Make his kingdom known, make it known!" I loved trying to belt that one out, lol.

Also liked the contrasting dark/light theme of "Dark days are here! Man lives in fear! In dire expectation ...." (sung very slowly, plodding, heavily)... To be followed by brightness and lightness: "But the Bible says soon there will be..." blah blah blah...

And the rousing, stirring: "We're Jehovah's Witnesses! We speak out in fearlessness! Ours is the god of true prophecy, what he foretells comes to be!"

Oh yes, and who can forget the cool rhythm and weird words: "Kiss the son, lest God be angry and you perish in the way! Happy are all they that put their trust in him today!"

And the soft, gentle "What love Jehovah showed... What goodness from him flowed... When to this earth he sent his son.... He died upon a tree, to set all mankind free...."

Yes, I was one of those self-righteous dorks who loved those stupid songs ....

"... When eyes of blind ones see again" indeed!! (from 'Keep your eyes on the prize').

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Loyal love was my favorite when I was little. Then later it was Jehovah is our Refuge.

Muddy, I particularly enjoyed your post.

Now that I'm in a regular church, I love Great is thy Faithfullness and How Great Thou Art. O holy Night is my favorite at Christmas. I used to sing Silent Night too, secretly, once a year. My own private Christmas celebration lol.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

- Walking in Integrity

- We're Jehovah's Witnesses

- And a bit "odd one" that has not been around for 20 years or so, "The Resurrection Hope" ... I think it was called. A song more from a Broadway Musical but I recall a couple of bethelites who knew Bro. Franz saying it was one of his favorites (not that Franz and I shared musical interests .. lol).

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit