What Was Your Favorite Kingdom Song?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Funny but for whatever reason, I can't stop singing Walking In Integrity from the old songbook! It's in my head and in my opinion it was one of the few songs I really liked.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I have musical ears and talent for music and I hated, hated, hated all those cheesy songs. Hated more that I couldn't explore my musical talent because every time I was told to sing one of those hideous songs instead.

NONE.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

That was a good one, especially the crazy line: "with evil men take not away my life, with those whose hands are full, full of bribes and strife". Talk about a righteousness complex. And all those worldly bribers and strifers you got to keep clear from.

One of my favourites is the other crazy one "hail the theocracy ever increasing".

• minimus
    minimus

Us against them mentality

• schnell
    schnell

Meh. If I want to hear the Jurassic Park or Beauty & the Beast themes, I will do so. By the way, AC/DC is a great palette cleanser if something gets in your head.

• minimus
    minimus

lol

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

My favourite KS was the one with lyrics that say....um let me see if I can remember them..oh yeah

....nothing ever grows in this rotten old hole and everthing is stunted and lost..

...like a bat out of hell I 'll be gone when the morning comes

....like a bat out of hell I'll be gone gone gone

Oops sorry right sentiment but NOT a kingdom song.

I didn't have a favourite propaganda song I hated them all equally, though, some of them were effective as ear-worms.

• blondie
    blondie

Do you mean the words/lyrics or the melody? I found the melody of some quite nice but the words were crap. Can a person separate one from the other? I can even after years of playing the piano at the KH. I can not sing and play the piano at the same time so words did not stick.

I was able to sing Tannebaum and Silent Night recently, knew all the words.

The songs have change so much it would be like trying to find a chocolate truffle in a pile of manure.

I

• oppostate
    oppostate

I liked...

Loyal love God is love love he sent us from above...

• prologos
    prologos

I agree with blondie question, , suppress the wt lyrics, I am a melody man, and " We thank you --" stood out as a melody, on par with God save the Queen, Deutschland , and the Russian national Anthem. How about "power divine"? used to hum it in the service when alone. current , no-service humming list : 111,134,106 ,104,82, most the new ones? , the product of an overlapping twisted mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit