WHAT IS YOUR PET PEVE?

by kls 52 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls

What is it that really irritates you ,i mean the most annoying ,thing that when you see it or hear it you just clench your teeth,we all have them so let's hear yours.Mine is religious boasting.There is this home builder that advertises on tv and says his crap then says we are a christien company.OH yes , because he said that i would trust him more then anyone else,he must have higher standards.(ya right).Or those people who advertise with bumper stickers of their religion,and yes the freaking door bell ringers trying to push their crap on me.Isn't it what you feel inside?Why advertise to everyone?Does it make you feel more important or more religious?Because of the attempt to show me that you have faith does not make me feel i could trust you. This is just one of my irritants and hope not do offend,everyone has the right.

• omiecoop
    omiecoop

I can't bear it when people say that they are going to the "liberry" to check out a book. Almost as bad as the person who, when asked for their license, say: "I left THEM in the car" instead of "I left IT in the car". I know these are little things---but they are very irritating!!!!!!

• Scully
    Scully

You know the feeling you get when you hear someone grate their fingernails on a chalkboard??

I get the same feeling when I read something that's really poorly spelled, with bad grammar and bad punctuation.

I try to keep it to myself, though, and show some tolerance. I don't know if the person's native language is English, or whether they are rushing, or whether they have learning disabilities, etc. I do try to overlook it.

Love, Scully

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Re: WHAT IS YOUR PET PEVE?

Inane questions.

Farkel

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

: Re: WHAT IS YOUR PET PEVE?

Unnecessary rudeness.

Bridget

• berylblue
  • freedom96
    freedom96

I hate it when people complain about their lives but do absolutely nothing to change it.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Omiecoop,

I know firsthand what you are saying. For the past 13 years or so I have been a volunteer history researcher at the Florida State Library. Everyday at 4:30 p.m. this one girl would announce: "The Liberry will be close in 30 minutes." It drove me up a wall. Now we have a new announcer. At the beginning, he, too would say "liberry," but at least he would add "closing" instead of " be close." But I guess someone finally corrected him. Lately, he has been saying library properly. Thank God for small favors.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

liberry, liberry, liberry

sorry, just had to be a little sassy today!

• Ed
    Ed

The insane amount of sport (mostly football and cricket) that gets relentlessly foisted upon us in Australia through every facet of the media.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit