Finding a mate

by MissMary 40 Replies latest social relationships

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Whoops sorry Love Ninja I didn’t know you were new to the board!🙀 Welcome, by the way. sorry I was only kidding. Poor taste and all that!

I’ll sit down and eat my food now, keep quiet!🤐

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    think this is me now. Single, aloof but a bloomin' good grandfather.

You’re a star, Punky. Your grandkids will never forget it. My grandfather taught me everything, but most of all he taught me about unconditional love.

My kids, on the other hand....🤔I said to my son the other day, about some random incident “ That’ll be one to tell the grandkids”

response : “ Hmmm...not sure I’ll be having any. My experience of grandparents hasn’t been the best....”😔

It breaks my heart because I know how important grandparents can be. Should be. They had a wonderful uncle, though. The best❤️

• MissMary
    MissMary

Nobody has chased me away or offend me or hurt my feelings. I was just waiting to see what people had to say. ... but I think a few have mixed up my question or statement with that of the lady asking if you get disfellowshiped for dating an unbeliever. You actually do not get disfellowshiped and do not get disfellowshiped for marrying an unbeliever. However it is not recommended. And for the record, I would ver date nor marry anyone outside of the organization. Been there done that and that’s why I’m divorced at 44. I caught my husband having sex with a 16 yr old girl.

And furthermore, trying to insult me on my large size says more about you than about me.

Thank you all, but I think this is the wrong forum for me

• Listener
    Listener

Miss Mary, you may not get disfellowshipped but you will certainly be marked for dating an unbeliever of JW doctrine. Basically, that means being shunned and socially isolated. Good on you for upholding such a dispicable policy.

Are you saying that if your ex had been a baptized JW, he would never have slept with someone else?

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Miss Mary..... yep you are welcome are here but I would say you are definitely on the wrong forum if you are looking to marry in the organization but on a forum viewed as "apostate" by the Hateful Eight"....errr..Governing Body.

Snakes

Ps... or a troll messing with us...LOL

• LoveNinja
    LoveNinja

thought this site had active JW members. I'm confused; is it all apostate?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LOVE NINJA:

Do you know when I left the Catholic religion to join the JWs years ago, that made ME an apostate?

This is why the word ‘apostate’ is stupid and it never had any effect on me. Other religions use this term as well. Meanwhile, some silly JWs act like it should have the effect of the Boogeyman.🙄

But, in answer to your question: this site may have started out as pro-JW many years ago but as time went on it changed.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

LoveNinja,

road to nowhere4 hours ago

Some of us are active but recognize flaws in the teaching and, administration. Even some elders in addition to us hangers on for family reasons

Of course there are some active JW`s here ,that`s why we are so up to date with what is going on in the JW religion for the reasons given to you above.

So welcome, LoveNinja ,I hope you stick around as you will learn far more about the Jehovah`s Witness religion than what you would by going to a kingdom Hall or having a Bible study with a practicing JW.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

And furthermore, trying to insult me on my large size says more about you than about me.

I think that comment made about you was uncalled for and a hit below the belt ,you have every right to be offended by such a comment .

I would hope you are big enough to ignore such comments and not tar all of us with the same brush.

Nobody believed or had more faith in the JW organization than I did MissMary in my 32 years as a convert bringing up my 2 boys in the religion ,please do yourself a favour and at least look at the reasons why those who left and see for yourself whether they are justifiable reasons.

And not just label them as Apostates and dismiss them.

take care.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Yes, MissMary, you are on the wrong forum. I apologize for any who have made hurtful comments. I am very disappointed in a few that I thought better of. There is enough hate and hurtfulness in the world. I have healed from abuse and am moving on. I won't be on this forum again either. Life is too short.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit