Finding a mate

by MissMary 40 Replies latest social relationships

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I hope all goes well for you.

I'm 62 and my JW wife left 8 years ago and has now re-married a Jobo...............I'm not sure who to feel sorry for.

I have reached a stage where I don't NEED a partner. I guess it'd be nice but it's not a need.

Co-dependency will not define me. I'm not made whole by another person. I am whole on my own.

I am not unavailable but I'm not looking.

...........if that helps you see another mind-set?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LOVE NINJA:

No, you would not be disfellowshipped for dating a non-believer..but you would be ostracized like the poster FUNKY explained.

You would be treated in a way like somebody who had a full-time job like I did. Probably it would be worse because there is the possibility you are going to commit immorality at any moment 🙄.

As was explained, you wouldn’t be invited anywhere and the most you would get would be superficial ‘niceties’.. They would be ‘angry’ because you did not follow their advice to drop this guy ‘like a bag of hot lava’. So to ‘punish you’ you must be shunned.

It is true that you would be the perpetual outsider. The JW religion does have class systems within it. I had hardly any friends there and I’m really glad I left years ago. Please reread all these comments and think long and hard about everything!

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Hello MissMary- Nothing has changed... remember when you were a sister on the arm of a man, sadly unless you hit the jackpot- and I mean that-- because most men in the org wants someone younger and submissive to take care of them as a nurse whould, in their approaching old age or just plain arm candy, that may not happen..

First you have to find someone you Like! That in itself is a hard thing to do..

Second- what are their habits? In the org its hard to find a man that is not a company boy and may give u a hard time because you are not following strict adherent to the org.

THird - if you had a good marriage, dont think you will find another.

Right now - you will be a third party in all couples invites. You will not have a close association with other singles -they are probably younger and look askance at older widows - other women will see you as someone on the prowl and wont trust you around their man - and if your not pioneering you very seldom be mentioned off the platform as being asked to join the family book study night at someone's house, you will slowly find that without a man you will get a smile and how are you doing and we should get together for a lunch - they really dont give a shit about single people.

Recently there was an older brother engaged to an older sister - guess what! A younger newly baptized sister arrived and bingo- he dropped the older sister for the younger - he is in his late 50's- early 60's.....ther was talk and speculation, the older sister was upset but the marriage allowed to go on in the hall... Guess the older married elders thought it might happen to them ... You would do better to find a mate, get df's and if u desired, get reinstated. Otherwise its slim pickings.. Do not despair with all this negativity though - you are a person worth millions to a deserving guy.

• princecharmant
    princecharmant

Miss Mary left these shores a long time ago. Too much bad company!

• LoveNinja
    LoveNinja

Jehovah is the most important person to me, so I will wait.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Jehovah is the most important person to me, so I will wait.

Jehovah is mighty unfaithful....hes having "emotional affairs" with more than you!🙈😜😂😂

my JW wife left 8 years ago and has now re-married

I'm sorry to hear that Uncle Punky I thought you guys were still together

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Dio - I'm sorry to hear that Uncle Punky I thought you guys were still together

thank you for you kind thoughts Dio.

She said she wanted to and then ghosted about a year ago. I didn't hear anything until she visited my son and had her new hanger on Jobo fellah with her. She's only known him a few months, too. He's been married 3 times already and there is some dark secret about his divorce.....probably why no Jobos attended the wedding. That's their lives, none of my business. I don't really care anymore weirdly enough. It's like seeing strangers on a boring TV show.

I saw photos. He was wearing a kilt. I'm not a fan of kilts, but each to their own...wear what you want, I won't be impressed. Attention seeking is not my bag. She was dressed up all in red and looked like tomato sauce bottle with a feather on top.

It did feel like I'd been betrayed, but then what do you expect from a Jobo? They act just like their leaders.

I think this is me now. Single, aloof but a bloomin' good grandfather.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

LoveNinja12 hours ago

• Jehovah is the most important person to me, so I will wait.

nice of you to join in.

• Earnest
    Earnest

LoveNinja : Will you be disfellowshipped if you date an unbeliever?

Only if you are not scripturally free to marry.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Sorry LoveNinja but your God Jehovah says otherwise ! Phil.2: 9-11 ,Jesus should be the most important person to you until GOD say`s otherwise.

By the way , welcome to the forum LoveNinja

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit