Finding a mate

by MissMary 40 Replies latest social relationships

• waton
    waton

welcome to the site with such diverse subjects to discuss.

Cast a wide net. there just might be a guy who, interacting with you, is reminded of his mother, who might not have been a barbie.

People's expectations are warped by the faces figures they see >12 hours on their screens, dont be one of them. I knew a single sister that watched nothing but the Gary Grant movie channel.

If you live in a rich country, try moving to a "developing nation" where the need {yours) for a mate and their's (to live with opportunities) is great.

Evolution has dealt you a rough card, dont blame the males. You look pregnant to them.

forget about exercise. it is your food intake. If they fatten up cows, pigs and chickens with hormones, how do you expect to be slim on a rich diet?

1200 calories, plant based.

In the end, live within your means happily, . married or not.

dont believe wt writers who promise you a perfect mate in your life time.

• JTrottigy
    JTrottigy

Now, remember I said that this was based on MY experience with JW woman who were single.

I see you tweaked the fragile feelings of at least a couple of those full figured sisters.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i think you have scared miss mary away.

• waton
    waton

Cast a wide net. there just might be a guy who, interacting with you, is reminded of his mother, who might not have been a barbie. W

i think you have scared miss mary away. sld

no, I did not mean to, because my statement above is based on a true live experience:

A very handsome, intelligent brother, accountant, manager who everyone was sure would marry a trophy bride, like I did, silenced everyone in awe when he revealed his choice, a homely, fair sized warm hearted sister, (and it was not a shot -gun wedding). why? she was a younger edition of his good mother.

Awise choice: he would be never bothered by unrestrained romeos butting in. so:

miss mary take heart. and

in the title you misspelled "fining". it is

fine- ing. fine tuning your choice finally.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

i think you have scared miss mary away.

Probably ran to the refrigerator for comfort when she'd be better to be running at the gym.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

What's wrong with dating a young good looking brother from a developing country? Do you really prefer a divorced older brother like you? Or a 44 year old single one?

• LoveNinja
    LoveNinja

Will you be disfellowshipped if you date an unbeliever? I am an unbaptized publisher working towards baptism. I haven't met any brothers in my congregation that I would even remotely consider dating. Without conventions, how will I ever meet a single brother?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Miss Mary didn`t do her homework before signing up I guess.

• Funky
    Funky
    Will you be disfellowshipped if you date an unbeliever?

Strictly for dating an unbeliever? No.

But if you persist, you will be ostracized by virtually everyone in the congregation. No one will ever invite you to their home (obviously, referring to a non-COVID world). No one will invite you out to eat with them, or invite you to any social event. Evan at the Kingdom Hall, very few if any will come up to talk to you.

Nearly all contact with you will be limited to "encouraging" you (i.e., forcefully trying to persuade you how hopelessly misguided you are, and if you were "wise" and "want to please Jehovah" you'd drop your boyfriend like a bag of hot lava). There will be virtually no other topic of conversation between any other JW and you, aside from superficial niceties.

In short, your life as a JW will become intolerable. You will be forever an "outsider". You need to decide which you want more - to be a JW or to have a boyfriend / husband.

The fact that you are posting on this site indicates your heart may not be fully inclined toward a JW lifestyle. If that is the case, now (before baptism) is the time to cut and run.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

@Loveginger--welcome to the site.

Unbaptised ?--best to keep it that way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit