Finding a mate

by MissMary 40 Replies latest social relationships

• MissMary
    MissMary

So here I am 44 yr old divorced and free to remarry JW sister....first time single since I was 19. but guess what no single brothers in my area. I’ve tried those stupid JW dating sites and still no luck. Oh yes there are tons of single brothers, but guess what...they all expect a hot Barbie to come running into their life. Or they are from developing countries looking to escape. Now I’m a full figured gorgeous lady with intelligence and humor. I’m financially stable. My kids are older, so not like they need to worry about raising little ones. Even the LARGE men expect young and skinny. I say hello, and don’t even get acknowledged. I am so disappointed in all those brothers. They would rather wait for their unrealistic dilution than attempt any conversation with a full figured woman. And it’s not like I’m saying marry me now. I feel too young to give up on find love and companionship. But am I just holding onto dream that will never come true.

Sister from Canada

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MISS MARY:

I never felt the pickings in the JW religion were good for women. The ratio is probably more than twice as many women than men. There are good looking women there who can’t find anybody - and they will not settle for a ‘crazy’. It was my observation that all the good men were taken and what was left over I was not interested in. As you observed, many of the men there are deluded and are looking for as you say ‘a barbie’. What’s worse is there is a trend for older guys (fortyish) looking for a teenage girl.

Some women prefer to look outside the religion since it appears to be a lost cause. I wish you luck.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

I am one that will pass on too, but not because of you. But because i'm married already lol. Seriously however when I believed that Jehovah's Witnesses had the truth one of the many things that bugged me was marriage and children.

A quick reading of Genesi shows Jehovah blessing marriage and encouraging it. In fact it was of prime importance! And Children too!

But in WT it is put simply discourage and those that do court and marry do so under EXTREME ***ing pressure!

I thought this was wrong the whole time. I didn't know then the book 'Children' that JF Ruthford wrote about not getting married or having children because Armaggedon was near. (90years ago) Yes type in children rutherford pdf I bet you will find it.

The WT HATES families in my opninon. How many articles did they make dissing marriage or children! Or endorsing singleness.It's vomit and sickness from a bunch of perverts with pillows (look up pillowgate on youtube)

If you want a happy family leave Jehivah's Witnesses and jon a social group like a hobby group or a volunteer group with like interests. I bet there is a guy waiting there

• asp59
    asp59
    Young JWs seem to be encouraged to marry for the sex. Sooner or later they divorce. I wouldn't want to marry a JW with children as a man. This org has enough with demands on everyone. Plus if she tells me it's her children don't worrie about it. I know if we have trouble in future for something she's probably gonna run to elders and tell them I'm not helping with the children 😁 It's probably more easy dating non JW then.
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

. I say hello, and don’t even get acknowledged. I am so disappointed in all those brothers. They would rather wait for their unrealistic dilution than attempt any conversation with a full figured woman

I think that just about sums up the whole WT/Jehovah`s Witness religion right there.

Sorry Missmary but I have been married for 58 years to a wonderfull woman who I converted to the JW religion while dating her .I had only converted a year before that also as a 19 year old.

We both discovered after 32 years in the religion we were deluded by an American man made religion that was a real Estate Publishing Empire that we were volunteers for .

I wish you luck in finding a mate but please believe me there are really decent good men outside of that religion.

Don`t handicap yourself

https://youtu.be/CB57CuT4smM

You say you have a sense of humour ? I hope you enjoy the video ?

Take care.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I apologize Missmary for not welcoming you to this forum and I do so now.stick around their are some wonderful Knowledgeable people here who have helped so many over the years.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Hi MissMary--and welcome.

I'm sorry you now find yourself in this situation. It's not easy being single after being married some 25 years. I have lot's of friends who are going through the same thing you are and they are not or have ever been JWs.

Yet they seem to have the same difficulty in finding a soulmate, and their field for looking is a lot larger than someone who can only look within the Watchtower religion. My perspective on this phenomena, is that the difficulty of finding someone in latter years, is due to the fact that as people grow, they are more aware of what they want, and those wants narrow the field.

Also, “sometimes “ our expectations don't match reality anymore, and the person doesn't realize it. (Your story of the LARGE men expect young and skinny----is a good example of this) I've seen this actually not long ago. An acquaintance of mine 60 plus years old fell for a 20 some year old gorgeous girl, who was really nice to him.) I know this girl and it just happens that her personality is such---- that she is nice to EVERYONE. He misinterpreted her being nice ---to her being interested in him. I tried to reason with him but, it was impossible.

Then one day he went over to where she worked to give her some flowers, and was shocked to the core that she was kissing this 20 year old, tall, muscular, good looking young man with long locks of blond hair that befits a Man-God.

He was devastated

Here is what happens in real life that we sometime fail to see.

When you are young, say 19, and marry, in youth, (Strong sexual desire, ignorance of the real world, getting busy raising kids) this actually helps the couple stay together through thick and thin) and before you know it, 20-30-40 years pass by and if the couple hangs in there, they stay together for a lifetime.

But sometimes things get in the way, someone messes up, and the other is unable to forgive, and then both find themselves single again at a later age, some in their late 20s other in their late 50s- it just depends I guess.

My suggestion is that you WIDEN YOUR FIELD. Don’t just look within the Watchtower Organization. It’s difficult enough when you have the whole world as your field of prospective mates, I can’t imagine trying to find a soulmate in a tiny world where the image of a good wife is characterized as someone who is (Young-beautiful-skinny-pioneer-in subjection to her husband)

I think instead you should look for someone who wants to be your “Closest Friend, -----admires your personality, ----loves your inner qualities----and you should do the same.

In the meantime, you should use use your time to get to know yourself. Your were probably to busy in your marriage to do that before. Read books to learn about human nature---positive books- not books that degrade men—or women.

One more thing, Life is pretty awesome, whether you are married or single. But I think our culture has made it seem that if you are not married, you are a loser. I know “Especially” the WT religion is notorious for doing this inadvertently.

But I know this is not true because I have tons of friends who have never been married but are very happy. They don’t rule out marriage, in fact, they date a lot and enjoy dating, and if it doesn’t work out, they remain Close friends with most of those they date, --but they just haven’t found that person that’s just right, ---to spend the rest of their life with. Nothing wrong with that.

You should date as much as possible before you settle down for the rest of your life. Get to know people, find out what kind of persons they turned out to be.

Good luck to you and I hope you fine that soulmate willing to share his life with you.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'm assuming that "full figured" means "fat". A person who is obese might not only be found to be "physically unattractive" (society is like that today), but there is also the issue of it being very unhealthy. At 44yo you're probably about to see that, if you are not already. Diabetes. Heart disease. High blood pressure. Knee and hip replacement.

Forget about finding the perfect man. Quit drinking booze (if you do). Get on a strict diet (2000 cal or less). And exercise -- walk walk walk. You'll feel better and you'll even look better.

Good luck!

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Now I’m a full figured gorgeous lady with intelligence and humor.

I am sorry if what I say offends you, or anyone else. My personal experience with having in the past dated single JW women indicates that the saying, "We are NOT a cult" as the fall back for cult members may just be the similar case here.

I would suspect from personal experience that "I'm a full figured" (morbidly obese) "gorgeous lady" (everyone is gorgeous on Facebook), with "intelligence" (I can read a book), and "humor" (I laugh at people who take care of themselves), MIGHT be the case here. I am not saying it is, just that I have seen that full figured, gorgeous ladies, with a genuine sense of humor, and intelligence, have no trouble finding a companion in life.

Now, remember I said that this was based on MY experience with JW woman who were single. And no, I did not look for "Barbie", nor did I look for someone much younger than myself. I found that, at least in my area, when a single JW woman got into their forties they were either married, or single for very good reason.

• just fine
    just fine

The best advice I have is to love yourself and take care of yourself, that sets the standard for how others will treat you. Get involved in your community and build a life. Don’t make other people responsible for your happiness in a relationship or outside of a relationship.

Most of the men I know want their significant other to be active, take care of themselves, and have their own interests. I would not ever consider a relationship with a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit