WoMD ... so where are they?

by Simon 865 Replies latest social current

• patio34
    patio34

The problem is the USA is letting the village idiot remain pretty much unchallenged. Well, I think the tide is turning against President Bush--even the main media is questioning him. But they've paraded out mr. Tenet and put the blame all on him.

• Francois
    Francois

Yes, it seems that there are several people here who are depriving some village somewhere of its very own idiot.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

LOL! Francois....well said.

Haven't read the entire thread. But the liberal and democratic insistence on technicalities, while, IMO, missing the BIG picture, never ceases to amaze me.

And, it's not clear to me about the poor Brit guy who was alleged to "expose" British intelligence. Was it ruled as murder? Seems to me what I've heard is that they think it may be suicide. Any info? To me there's a big, big difference between the two. What have Brit forensics revealed?

• Robdar
    Robdar

On my way back to work from my lunch break yesterday, I saw a funny protest sign. It had a picture of Hussein with another of W beside it. The caption below Hussein said "Saddam Hussein". Below W it said "So Damn Insane".

It really was funny.

Robyn

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Interesting. I wondered when the left would start turning Saddam Hussein into a folk hero/martyr.

Expatbrit

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002
    Haven't read the entire thread. But the liberal and democratic insistence on technicalities, while, IMO, missing the BIG picture, never ceases to amaze me.

And, it's not clear to me about the poor Brit guy who was alleged to "expose" British intelligence. Was it ruled as murder? Seems to me what I've heard is that they think it may be suicide. Any info? To me there's a big, big difference between the two. What have Brit forensics revealed?

And I laugh at people like blacksheep, Francois, and Yerusalym who continually defend the indefensible. As much as you would like it to be forgotten, the sole justification for the war was that Saddam Hussein and the Baath party / Iraqi regime possessed weapons of mass destruction that were an imminent threat to the security of other nations and that they were capable of launching them within a 45 minute time frame as stated in the British intelligence report.

Now, 4 months into searching, NO WMD have been found. Bush makes comments in his State of the Union Address and presents it as fact that Hussein is attempting to acquire uranium from Africa. This is now proven a lie due to forged documents and admission from government officials. Blair and Bush then go before Congress and says history will forgive even if WMD are not found. Are you kidding me?

Regarding the death of the British scientist. Was it ruled a murder or suicide? Undetermined as of yet. Simple logic should tell you that he is a man who was a principal figure in exposing British intelligence as incorrect, thereby inciting the firestorm which shows the US/UK govt as waging a war under false pretenses... and then winds up dead? No coincidence.

I am amazed when I sit and read the posts here and realize the level of idiotic blind devotion that some people possess. Political affiliations and convictions here can be just as bad as loyal Dubs who defend Watchtower doctrine and beliefs even in the face of evidence CLEARLY SHOWING it to be fraudulent.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Expat,

I hardly think that Saddam is being turned into a hero by the left. Afterall, the protestors didn't say anything about Saddam other than list his name below his picture. But they did mention that Bush is insane. And I must agree. But that doesn't mean that I (a moderate) think that Hussein is a good guy. Or that the "left" does either.

What the protest sign said is a far cry from turning Saddam in to a hero. Are you purposefully trying to skew the facts to fit your ultra right wing agenda? Methinks that you are purposefully misunderstanding the sign. So, in a way, that makes you as guilty of bias as you accuse the left to be.

Even though I am on your case here, you know that I still admire you very much.

Robyn

• Simon
    Simon

And could you give us an example of this Expatbrit or are you just coming out with unsubstantiated allegations?

Oh, I forgot ... anyone who questions anything about the war is a communist

No one is saying Saddam is any kind of hero or should be in power. In fact, it seems that the only people who thought he should have been in power are the ones who backed him.

The BIG picture is that we don't think we should march off to war just on someone's say-so who has a) shown themselves to be untrustworthy and b) has 'vested interests' in doing it.

This is not a game, there are people DYING out there practically every day. Most of them US soldiers. Now, if you think no one should question it then that's fine - you don't. It doesn't mean we shouldn't though.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

What I said was:

wondered when the left would start turning Saddam Hussein into a folk hero/martyr.

Putting up a poster which contains a direct comparison between George Bush (an elected leader) and Saddam Hussein (a dictator), with Bush being portrayed negatively and Hussein being portrayed neutrally (i.e. in more of a positive light than Bush) can quite reasonably be regarded as the first step in a transformation of Hussein into a folk hero/martyr, in my opinion.

Expatbrit (who wonders where the concern was when people were dying "every day" during Hussein's bloodbath.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Yes it is strange how it was the Reagan/Bush people in the eighties that backed Saddam as long as Saddam was seen as pro to American interests. It wasn't until Saddam started to go against what was seen as anti American interests that he was a bad guy. There should have been intervention when he was allegedly killing all the Kurds but there wasn't. He was allowed to do anything he wanted. Then now when the Bush goes into they’re with trumped up reasons of WoMD. Bush's been proven more and more everyday as a liar he turns to the humanitary reasons. Now we are seeing a bigger picture of VP Cheney before the war wanting to get control of the Iraqi oil it is becoming clearer the real reason why innocent lives where shed. It wasn't for WoMD or humanitary reasons after all. Will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit