WoMD ... so where are they?

by Simon 865 Replies latest social current

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Well you know what ?

If someone have a gun or lets say even a knive or why not a bottle that he can break an use as a weapon against you (even without having them treatened you) well KILL HIM !!! ... Get ready to kill the whole world

And no Simon why deleete anything ? ... WE NEED THOSE RECORDS !!! ... It take lots of space but it's good record as reminder for those who feel that they can push anyone on the war side (to JUST FEEL SAFE - cause theiy are not for real and of course moreover they do insist on this side) without taking responsability for it ...

they have the choice in between :

• A liar who can't take responsability and is well protected (in contrario of his citizens for real)
    • And someone who is able to get the point, step back, put gloves to get back on the peace side with the world and take time to do thinks right !!!

Who do you think they will vote for ? Well ... Will get the point after the election ...

• dubla
    dubla

french-

If someone have a gun or lets say even a knive or why not a bottle that he can break an use as a weapon against you (even without having them treatened you) well KILL HIM !!! ... Get ready to kill the whole world

wow, thats an eye-opening analogy. i can see where youd compare a regime like saddams with a guy holding a bottle. after all, who has saddam ever threatened or killed? hes always been the biggest pacifist around, hasnt he? im pretty sure his record is spotless.

And no Simon why deleete anything ? ... WE NEED THOSE RECORDS !!! ...

i think he was just threatening to ban me from the site...not remove my prior comments. no worries.

It take lots of space but it's good record as reminder for those who feel that they can push anyone on the war side

ive never tried to "push" my beliefs on anyone. i think everyone is entitled to their own beliefs; political, religious, or otherwise. just because i enjoy debate doesnt mean i want to convert others to my viewpoint.....debate is fun, even when you end up being wrong on the issue (which is the case for me on wmds being found). i think the ones who really have an agenda to push their viewpoint are the ones who start the most threads on a topic....and if you look, ive started very, very few threads on this topic or any other. i like to join in and engage in discussion....that doesnt mean ill always be right, or that i want others to agree with me on the topic...if we all agreed, we wouldnt have debate...how much fun would that be?

aa

• Simon
    Simon
    i think he was just threatening to ban me from the site...not remove my prior comments. no worries.

So, your reading ability is as poor as your political judgement or else you just resort to intentional misunderstanding.

I said:

Any more off-topic comments by you will be deleted.

• dubla
    dubla

simon-

So, your reading ability is as poor as your political judgement or else you just resort to intentional misunderstanding.

i re-read it now, and realized my mistake....i thought it read "anymore off topic comments and you will be deleted", not "by you" as it actually reads (if you read my response to that comment, youll see i clearly misread it)....my mistake. btw, is picking at my "reading ability" the same as picking at someones spelling, as you always claim is petty? just wondering.

aa

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

dubbla what is your answer to me exactly ... ???
    I've seen and read your ways (it's smart I must admit and a bit sneaky as Simon just answered to you ... distortion (oh !!!) or middle position using others position or alike ... and then I didn't say exactly that but that ... ) not everyone will gonna buy it you know or will pay more attention to what you say to realise it at the end ... and it doesn't help against the facts on the long run anyway ... OK !!!

• Realist
    Realist

dubla,

my past comments stand....the fact is that saddam had wmds at one time, and when he was required to prove he destroyed them he either could not, or refused. either way, he was in breach of the resolution and couldve avoided the war. this morning on cnn they were interviewing david kay (do a google search if youre unfamiliar with him)......hes not exactly the biggest supporter of the war, but he did say there was no way under the previous conditions (pre-war) that any president couldve known the truth about iraqs wmds. if a president couldnt have known for sure, how could i have?

your problem is that you trust the US government(s) and associated institutions and the mainstream media outlets. you accept the news stories without reflecting on what is likely and what is not.

Was it likely that hussein would risk his life for WMDs that he cannot use anyway? Worse, would it have been reasonable for him to not admit that he has destroyed them when in fact he had?

the obvious solution is (and was back in 2003) that hussein was intentionally set up by the US and britain.

The inspectors that were sent into iraq in the 90ties spied on iraq. They left intentionally in 1998. When the inspectors returned in 2003 iraq cooperated with them. There was absolutely NO reason to not let the inspections continue (except for bush's not so hidden agenda).

As was pointed out to you previously, how can someone prove that he has destroyed something that he either never possessed (in the quantities claimed) or that was destroyed by US troops in 1991, during the iran iraq war or by the UN inspectors.

• dubla
    dubla

french-

dubbla what is your answer to me exactly ... ???

my answer to you was simply that i do not try to push my beliefs on others, as you implied i have. i think everyone is entitled to their own opinions on politics, religion, etc...and its not up to me to change minds. the people out there constantly starting thread after thread on political subjects are the ones with an agenda to push their views in everyones faces, imo....and that hasnt been me.

im not trying to be rude here, but i really didnt understand the rest of your post. what am i being sneaky about?

aa

• dubla
    dubla

realist-

i understand your opinion on the topic, and your points are not completely without validity. i wont respond to them point by point for the simple fact that your above post brings nothing new to the table.....nothing i havent already responded to in the past with valid (imo, of course) counter points.

i have a question for you.....when it comes down to it, if we had found, after the war, that saddam did indeed have large stockpiles of hidden wmds, would it have made a difference to your position on the war? my guess is that it wouldnt have changed your view (or the view of the majority of the anti-war crowd) on the war itself. the reason i say this is because there was plenty of vocal opposition to the war way before anyone knew for sure if wmds would be found or not (although i will say you were one of the few people who were very adamant from the start in your opinion that saddam didnt possess such weapons any longer....most waited until some time passed after the attack to start criticizing the justification for war). if my guess is correct, it really makes much of this discussion moot.

aa

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

dubla,

my answer to you was simply that i do not try to push my beliefs on others, as you implied i have. i think everyone is entitled to their own opinions on politics, religion, etc...and its not up to me to change minds. the people out there constantly starting thread after thread on political subjects are the ones with an agenda to push their views in everyones faces, imo....and that hasnt been me.

im not trying to be rude here, but i really didnt understand the rest of your post. what am i being sneaky about?

Well, I don't try to force, (I won't say I don't really in giving my opinion here as a way to get there somehow ... but it's not forcing it's arguing ... when it's time to when it worth it !!!) Still we talk we try to understand the other one, we can or not and everybody can do whatever they want and that is exactly what they will do ...

• Realist
    Realist

dubla,

you are right. it would not have made a difference to me (i stated this several times before the war!). Because even with WMDs hussein did not pose a threat. The man is (in contrast to what the US media might have claimed) neither a nutcase nor suicidal.

Most importantly the situation could have been resolved without thousands of death.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit