WoMD ... so where are they?

by Simon 865 Replies latest social current

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Ha ha ha ha, old Rummy is still peddling his BS con game I see.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    the same trucks i talked to you about before.....every expert that has examined them so far has come to the conclusion that they could only be used for bioweapons.....of course these experts are biased in the eyes of skeptics, because they are coalition inspectors.

Looked at the article, which part of suspected don't you understand, now where are the WOMD? Suspected, doesn't mean proof.

• siegswife
    siegswife

Hey Simon...what are you going to believe...the government or your lyin' eyes? (No offense to Lyin' Eyes).

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

Well, I think that we now know the TRUTH.

WAR OF LIES.

Thursday 29 May 200308:39am
    altaltalt

EXPOSED: BUSH AND BLAIR'S WAR OF LIES

May 29 2003

Outrage as Rumsfeld admits WMDs 'may not exist'

By Bob Roberts and Oonagh Blackman in Kuwait

TONY Blair was accused yesterday of joining a war based on lies after the US admitted it might never find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said he did not know why Saddam Hussein failed to use chemical and biological agents against the coalition advance. He added: "It is possible that they decided they would destroy them prior to a conflict."

His remarks will embarrass the Prime Minister, who is in Kuwait for a victory tour of the Gulf. Both he and George Bush had said WMDs were the reason for war. Robin Cook, who resigned from the Cabinet over the conflict, said Rumsfeld's remarks were "breathtaking".

Former Labour MP Tony Benn said: "I believe the Prime Minister lied to us and lied to us." MP Jeremy Corbyn said the war was "based on deception".

Cook lead the anger at America's admission over Iraq's reputed weapons of mass destruction and said: "This war could have been avoided."

Cook, who quit the Cabinet over the conflict, was joined in his outrage by Labour anti-war campaigners Tony Benn and Jeremy Corbyn.

Former Labour MP Mr Benn said Premier Tony Blair had "lied" to the nation and added: "The whole war was built upon falsehood."

US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld had provoked the fury by telling a New York think-tank he did not know why Saddam Hussein failed to use chemical weapons against coalition forces - as Washington had predicted.

He said the speed of the advance might have caught Iraq by surprise, but added: "It is also possible that they decided that they would destroy them prior to a conflict."

Rumsfeld said there were hundreds of suspect sites still to investigate. But his comments were the closest the Bush administration has come to saying it will never find WMDs in Iraq.

Mr Blair - who with Mr Bush said WMDs were the reason for an invasion - was still insisting yesterday that they would be found.

Labour's opponents of war pounced on Rumsfeld's remarks, with former Commons leader Cook calling them "breathtaking".

He said: "The basis on which the war was sold to the British House of Commons, to the British people, was that Saddam represented a serious threat.

"It is plain he did not have that capacity to threaten us, possibly did not have the capacity to threaten even his neighbours, and that is profoundly important.

"This war could have been avoided."

Mr Cook said opponents of the war were told they were wrong because of the threat from Saddam.

He added: "Perhaps we should now admit they were in the right."

Veteran left-winger and former Cabinet minister Mr Benn said it destroyed the Prime Minister's justification for war.

He said: "I believe the Prime Minister lied to us and lied to us and lied to us.

"The whole war was built upon falsehood and I think the long-term damage will be to democracy in Britain.

"If you can't believe what you are told by ministers, then the whole democratic process is put at risk."

Anti-war MP Mr Corbyn said: "We were led by the nose into a war based on deception and lies. Thousands of lives have been lost and the country destroyed. What has been achieved?"

Mr Blair, speaking as he flew to Kuwait to thank British troops, said: "I have absolutely no doubt at all about the existence of weapons of mass destruction.

"Rather than speculating, let's just wait until we get the full report back."

Lib Dem spokesman Paul Keetch said: "British troops put their lives at risk to eliminate the threat posed by WMDs, we owe it to our troops to find out whether that threat was real."

Rumsfeld said the US could find out "a lot more information as we go along and keep interrogating people".

Iraq was as large as California and searchers had been there only seven weeks. "It will take time," he added.

British ministers have already hinted there may be no doomsday arsenal. Foreign Secretary Jack Straw said last month he was certain only that Saddam once had WMDs.

Another report from Richard Wallace who reported from the war in New York.

"George Bush has ensured his place in the history books - as the first man to wage a war and then dream up the excuse for it once the fighting is over.

His administration has spent the weeks since the fall of Baghdad in a slow but deliberate retreat as the goalposts on why the US launched a pre-emptive strike on Iraq haven't just moved - thay positively revolved.

The Presidents presumption that coalition forces would be tripping over weapons of mass destruction after defeating saddam's troop's, has proved wrong.

The justification for a pre-emptive strike was that Saddam had failed to co-operate with inspectors, therefore he was concealing illegal weapons.

Now Bush's aids pushing a new line - confirmed by Donald Rumsfeld's astonishing declaration yesterday that Saddam may have destroyed the WMD's as demanded by the UN, after all.

All apologies will now be accepted! Or can you twist this too!

Lets just remind ourselves of what they said about WMD!

"The President and the Secretary of Defence (Rumsfeld) would not assert as plainly or as bluntly as they have that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction if it was not true." White House spokesman, Ari Fleischer, Dec 5, 2002

"We've tried sanctions. We've tried the carrot of oil for food, and the stick of coalition military strikes. But Saddam Hussein has defied all these efforts and continues to develop weapons of mass destruction." G.W.Bush, Sept 12, 2002

"His (Saddam Husseins) regime has large, unaccounted for stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons and he has an active programme to acquire and develop nuclear weapons." Donald Rumsfeld, Jan 20, 2003

"The Iraqi regime is going to great lengths to conceal its Weapons of mass destuction." Colin Powell, Feb 3, 2003

"Our goal is to defend the American people, to eliminate Iraq's weapons of mass destruction, and to liuberate the Iraqi people." Donald Rumsfeld, March 21, 2003

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Everyone will have their point of view on this subject, right or wrong, express it. Last night Bill O'Reilly interviewed a former UN inspector by the name of Scott Ritter. The question posed to him was, did he receive any 'gifts' from Iraq? Scott Ritter was given Four-hundred thousand NOT Eight-hundred thousand to do his doc. titled, 'Shifting Sands' which I saw on World Link TV, host by Peter Coyote. Mr. Ritter was told to ALTER his reports, he refused. By thus refusing and going ahead with the documentary he has been discredited by the CIA.

This interview should be on Bill's website.

Amnesty International has voiced their opinion on this WoMD, and as one spokesperson said, if Saddam had destroyed these weapons, they would have been picked up by Satellite. This idea that the WoMD 'may have' been moved to Iran or Syria should also have been 'picked up' by Satellite.

Gee, the US knew the names of the those involved in WTC disaster the FOLLOWING DAY, and they still can't find the WoMD? Give meeeeeeee a break. How long will this, 'if, but's, maybe, could have or may have' continue as to the wherabouts of the WoMD? What about those trailors that 'supposedly' or 'may have' been labs for WoMD?

Interestingly, Amnesty International citicized this propaganda of supposedly peace when there is no peace, if anything conditions are worse. (Canadian News channel)

Saddam has been liken to Hitler, another joke, (former Clinton aid) this was on Hannity and Colmes show. Why would Saddam this evil man destroy his WoMD when he could have used them against the US? This whole scenario of Iraq looks to be a staged event. They can't find Bin Laden or Saddam, is it because they acted as puppets for the International Bankers? Conspiracy? Nah, there is no such thing as conspiracy! What the hell does one think it was when the WTC was destroyed? Was it 'act one' to fight against terrorism and to instill FEAR in the hearts of ALL people? Are the days of FDR being play out again? FDR said, " In politics nothing happens by accident. If it happens you can bet it was planned that way".

OK, they now have to make up 'reasons' to invade Iran or Syria. Let's starting naming the reasons and start placing our bets.

Guest 77

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

A History Of Lies: WMD, Who Said What and When ?

05/30/03

Intelligence leaves no doubt that Iraq continues to possess and conceal lethal weapons

George Bush, U S President 18 March, 2003

Saddam's removal is necessary to eradicate the threat from his weapons of mass destruction

Jack Straw, Foreign Secretary 2 April, 2003

Before people crow about the absence of weapons of mass destruction, I suggest they wait a bit

Tony Blair 28 April, 2003

We are asked to accept Saddam decided to destroy those weapons. I say that such a claim is palpably absurd

Tony Blair, Prime Minister 18 March, 2003

It is possible Iraqi leaders decided they would destroy them prior to the conflict

Donald Rumsfeld, US Defense Secretary 28 May, 2003

Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction.

Dick Cheney
    Speech to VFW National Convention
    August 26, 2002

Right now, Iraq is expanding and improving facilities that were used for the production of biological weapons.

George "aWol" Bush
    Speech to UN General Assembly
    September 12, 2002

If he declares he has none, then we will know that Saddam Hussein is once again misleading the world.

Ari Fleischer
    Press Briefing
    December 2, 2002

We know for a fact that there are weapons there.

Ari Fleischer
    Press Briefing
    January 9, 2003

Our intelligence officials estimate that Saddam Hussein had the materials to produce as much as 500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agent.

George "aWol" Bush
    State of the Union Address
    January 28, 2003

We know that Saddam Hussein is determined to keep his weapons of mass destruction, is determined to make more.

Colin Powell
    Remarks to UN Security Council
    February 5, 2003

We have sources that tell us that Saddam Hussein recently authorized Iraqi field commanders to use chemical weapons -- the very weapons the dictator tells us he does not have.

George "aWol" Bush
    Radio Address
    February 8, 2003

So has the strategic decision been made to disarm Iraq of its weapons of mass destruction by the leadership in Baghdad? . . . I think our judgment has to be clearly not.

Colin Powell
    Remarks to UN Security Council
    March 7, 2003

Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised.

George "aWol" Bush
    Address to the Nation
    March 17, 2003

Well, there is no question that we have evidence and information that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction, biological and chemical particularly . . . all this will be made clear in the course of the operation, for whatever duration it takes.

Ari Fleisher
    Press Briefing
    March 21, 2003

There is no doubt that the regime of Saddam Hussein possesses weapons of mass destruction. And . . . as this operation continues, those weapons will be identified, found, along with the people who have produced them and who guard them.

Gen. Tommy Franks
    Press Conference
    March 22, 2003

I have no doubt we're going to find big stores of weapons of mass destruction.

Defense Policy Board member Kenneth Adelman
    Washington Post, p. A27
    March 23, 2003

One of our top objectives is to find and destroy the WMD. There are a number of sites.

Pentagon Spokeswoman Victoria Clark
    Press Briefing
    March 22, 2003

We know where they are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north somewhat.

Donald Rumsfeld
    ABC Interview
    March 30, 2003

Obviously the administration intends to publicize all the weapons of mass destruction U.S. forces find -- and there will be plenty.

Neocon scholar Robert Kagan
    Washington Post op-ed
    April 9, 2003

I think you have always heard, and you continue to hear from officials, a measure of high confidence that, indeed, the weapons of mass destruction will be found.

Ari Fleischer
    Press Briefing
    April 10, 2003

We are learning more as we interrogate or have discussions with Iraqi scientists and people within the Iraqi structure, that perhaps he destroyed some, perhaps he dispersed some. And so we will find them.

George "aWol" Bush
    NBC Interview
    April 24, 2003

There are people who in large measure have information that we need . . . so that we can track down the weapons of mass destruction in that country.

Donald Rumsfeld
    Press Briefing
    April 25, 2003

We'll find them. It'll be a matter of time to do so.

George "aWol" Bush
    Remarks to Reporters
    May 3, 2003

I'm absolutely sure that there are weapons of mass destruction there and the evidence will be forthcoming. We're just getting it just now.

Colin Powell
    Remarks to Reporters
    May 4, 2003

We never believed that we'd just tumble over weapons of mass destruction in that country.

Donald Rumsfeld
    Fox News Interview
    May 4, 2003

I'm not surprised if we begin to uncover the weapons program of Saddam Hussein -- because he had a weapons program.

George "aWol" Bush
    Remarks to Reporters
    May 6, 2003

U.S. officials never expected that "we were going to open garages and find" weapons of mass destruction.

Condoleeza Rice
    Reuters Interview
    May 12, 2003

I just don't know whether it was all destroyed years ago -- I mean, there's no question that there were chemical weapons years ago -- whether they were destroyed right before the war, (or) whether they're still hidden.

Maj. Gen. David Petraeus, Commander 101st Airborne
    Press Briefing
    May 13, 2003

Before the war, there's no doubt in my mind that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, biological and chemical. I expected them to be found. I still expect them to be found.

Gen. Michael Hagee, Commandant of the Marine Corps
    Interview with Reporters
    May 21, 2003

Given time, given the number of prisoners now that we're interrogating, I'm confident that we're going to find weapons of mass destruction.

Gen. Richard Myers, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff
    NBC Today Show interview
    May 26, 2003

They may have had time to destroy them, and I don't know the answer.

Donald Rumsfeld
    Remarks to Council on Foreign Relations
    May 27, 2003

For bureaucratic reasons, we settled on one issue, weapons of mass destruction (as justification for invading Iraq) because it was the one reason everyone could agree on.

Paul Wolfowitz
    Vanity Fair interview
    May 28, 2003

It was a surprise to me then — it remains a surprise to me now — that we have not uncovered weapons, as you say, in some of the forward dispersal sites. Believe me, it's not for lack of trying. We've been to virtually every ammunition supply point between the Kuwaiti border and Baghdad, but they're simply not there.

Lt. Gen. James Conway, 1st Marine Expeditionary Force
    Press Interview

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

Blair is in big trouble - The latest news is the British public are getting pis*ed at the fact that there is nothing and WOMD was just an excuse.

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

Matt,

As you say, Blairs credibility is shot. He came out with the same line that he repeated before the war...that they DO/DID have evidence and that they will release it...soon.

How many times did he say this before the war?

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

As you can see from the following article, Blair is under pressure, but still sticking to the 'invisible evidence' story that even the US administration has dropped.

BBCi CATEGORIES TV RADIO COMMUNICATE WHERE I LIVE INDEXalt SEARCH altaltaltaltalt
    Low Graphics version | Change editionFeedback | Help
    alt WATCH/LISTEN TO BBC NEWS
    News Front Page World UK England Northern Ireland Scotland Wales Business Politics Health Education Science/Nature Technology Entertainment ----------------- Have Your Say ----------------- Country Profiles In Depth ----------------- Programmes ----------------- RELATED SITES Sport
    Weather
    Newsround
    On This Day
    alt
    Last Updated: Sunday, 1 June, 2003, 10:36 GMT 11:36 UK altalt
    alt Email this to a friend alt Printable version
    Blair 'certain over Iraq weapons'
    Tony Blair and Clare Short Bitter divisions remain over Iraq
    UK Prime Minister Tony Blair says he has seen evidence, not yet available to the public, that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.

In an interview with Sky News, he said he had "no doubt whatsoever" that Saddam Hussein had had nuclear, chemical or biological weapons.

There have been new claims over the legitimacy of a dossier on Iraq's weapons which had been made public before the conflict.

And former cabinet minister Clare Short told a Sunday newspaper Mr Blair had "duped" MPs and the public over his real reasons for going to war.

altI have concluded that the PM decided to go to war in August sometime and he duped us all along alt Former cabinet minister Clare Short altClare Short's deception claims

Ms Short, who resigned as international development secretary in the aftermath of the war, told the Sunday Telegraph: "He had decided for reasons that he alone knows to go to war over Iraq and to create this sense of urgency and drive it.

"The way the intelligence was spun was part of that drive."

Mr Blair, who is now in France for the G8 summit, said the results of interviews with Iraqi scientists and others had left him in no doubt on the weapons issue.

There were also investigations under way at "hundreds" of Iraq sites which were turning up more evidence, he said.

'Have patience'

Mr Blair said: "Over the coming weeks and months we will assemble this evidence and then we will give it to people.

"And I have no doubt whatever that the evidence of Iraqi weapons of mass destruction will be there. Absolutely," he said.

"Those people who are sitting there saying: 'Oh, it's all going to be proved to be a great big fib got out by the security services, there will be no weapons of mass destruction' - just wait, and have a little patience."

HUNT ON FOR IRAQ'S WEAPONS Weapons inspectorsaltAnalysis: All at stake in weapons row
    Both the US and UK Governments have faced a wave of accusations in recent days that they embellished intelligence on the weapons issue to justify the controversial war.

US President George Bush expressed satisfaction on Sunday with the hunt for alleged weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, citing the discovery of suspected bio-labs and a banned weapons system.

However, a YouGov poll in the Mail of Sunday suggested 63% of voters believed Mr Blair misled the UK on the matter - although 50% still felt the war was justified.

Intelligence judgment

The Independent on Sunday quoted an unnamed intelligence source as saying the 45-minute claim came from a defector recruited by the Iraqi National Congress, which had been lobbying hard last year in favour of an invasion to topple Saddam.

WHAT DO THE PUBLIC THINK? Blair misled public: 63% Did not mislead public: 29% War justified anyway: 50% War not justified: 43% Source: YouGov poll of 2,182 adults for Mail on Sunday

Mr Blair told Sky News all the information in the dossier had been cleared by the Joint Intelligence Committee "and was their judgment - not my judgment or another politician's judgment".

Foreign Secretary Jack Straw told BBC One's Breakfast with Frost that the UK did not go to war on the basis of what weapons might be found after the conflict.

Instead, the decision was taken because there was "unquestionable" evidence about Iraq's banned weapons.

Mr Blair made his promise of more weapons evidence in Russia, where he joined celebrations for St Petersburg's 300th anniversary.

As he flew to the G8 summit at Evian in France, the prime minister urged the world to put aside disagreements about Iraq and work together on key issues like African poverty.

Mr Blair told reporters: "The question is how do we move forward from here, and is there a desire in the international community to heal divisions and move on and I think there is."

That call was echoed by European external relations commissioner Chris Patten, who appealed for a "generosity of spirit" to ensure the Iraq splits did not hinder efforts on boosting the world economy, Africa and Middle East peace.

• Simon
    Simon

The evidence arrived invisibly like Jesus did in 1914

"We have lot's of evidence and we'll show it to you ... as soon as we've downloaded it of the internet like the last lot."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit