ok all you brits!

by Ravyn 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Mouthy is right, Devon is an excellent choice. The south-west is considerably warmer than the rest of the country and house prices aren't too bad. London and the south-east is very expensive. The North is cheaper but the weather is crap.

The Health service is better here too, although we are talking about the National Health Service which you would be entitled to receive virtually free of charge as a visitor. If you want an immediate health service you can always pay for it.

Public transport is not very reliable because our infra-structure is following 150 year old routes, constant essential maintenance on rail and road leads to frequent delays.

Also on the down side, service in restaurants etc is generally poorer than in the States.

But, we have:

Pubs!

Real football!

Beautiful countryside! (Remember, green = rain)

Thousands of historical sites to visit.

Englishman.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Liverpools crap really. Oh, except for the football.

Oh yeah! How come Liverpool, whom we've beaten twice in the league this season, can't hold a candle to Manchester United and are way below us?!

Ravyn,

You know you can trust me to give you a sensible answer!

Manchester, as a city, has much to offer. The people, like me, are friendly and accommodating. However, Englishman is right when it comes to the weather. Generally, the south fares better. Scotland and the north of England usually get soaked!

Whenever I think of natural beauty I think of Devon and Cornwall, in the Southwest. If you intend going to the Southeast you'll likely need a bigger wallet!

I guess the best thing is to invite you over and let you get a taste of the country. Don't pay any heed to those that run Britain down. At the moment it seems that every assylum seeker in the world wants to come here. That in itself tells you how highly our country is valued!

Dansk

• Hamas
    Hamas
    Oh yeah! How come Liverpool, whom we've beaten twice in the league this season, can't hold a candle to Manchester United and are way below us

Unbelievable ! Dansk !!!!! I Man United fan who is actually from Manchester !!!! I cant believe it !!!!

Hey you guys better watch out ..... the mighty Leicester are back in the big time !!! I can see clearly Paul Dickov and Brian Deane running rings round those extra quick premiership defences !!! LOL !!!!!!!!!!!

Van Nistlerooy and Henry had better play up against the likes of Callum Davidson and Matt Elliott in defence also. Looks like Micky Adams has another season of miracle working ahead of him !!!!

But seriously guys, no true Englishman like Scotland, the place is a joke. Even Wales is better methinks

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    the country is crap
    the weather is crap

What do we have here, a gaggle of Yorkshiremen? From the sunny heat of North Texas, I recommend Devon. My parents and I took a holiday there once and stayed in Ashburton while touring the moors, and I loved every minute of it. I also love Kent; one of my best friends lives near Sittingbourne, which is near Leeds Castle, and it's gorgeous around there. Navigating those tiny winding roads is a bit heart-stopping, but I guess one would get used to it.

Nina

• Mutz
    Mutz

If I had my choice of living anywhere in the UK I would have to choose Dorset. I go there every year for a holiday and I never get tired of the place. Beautiful scenery and nice friendly people. Close enough to London to be handy but far enough away to be nice. :)

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hey Mutz,

Whereabouts do you live?

Dansk

• Englishman
    Englishman
    Hey you guys better watch out ..... the mighty Leicester are back in the big time !!! I can see clearly Paul Dickov and Brian Deane running rings round those extra quick premiership defences !!! LOL !!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem....! But will you catch Mighty Pompey?

2 more games left, if you finish on the same number of points, we take the championship on superior goal difference. We have +46 against you +33.

Nationwide Football League Division One
    PWDLFAGDPTS
    1Portsmouth442711689434692
    2Leicester442612671383390
    3Sheff Utd4322101166471976
    4Wolverhampton4420141077403774
    5Reading432341656441273
    6Nottm Forest4420121277453272
    7Ipswich4418131375581767
    8Norwich441811155748965
    9Millwall44188185466-1262
    10Wimbledon441611176971-259
    11Rotherham441513165857158
    12Preston441513166768-158
    13Gillingham441513165464-1058
    14Watford43169185263-1157
    15Crystal Palace441317145750756
    16Burnley441510196280-1855
    17Bradford431410195164-1352
    18Derby44157225267-1552
    19Walsall44149215365-1251
    20Coventry441213194660-1449
    21Stoke441114194468-2447
    22Brighton441011234365-2241
    23Sheff Wed44816204770-2340
    24Grimsby44911244581-3638

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

Take it from the experts,

As we have travelled all over britain,

For comfort and warmth cornwall is brilliant, but you have those lonely long winter months to contend with when there are No tourists around,AS SHOWN TO YOU THAT THE FURTHER NORTH YOU GO THE COLDER IT GETS,

We dont see dansk in the winter as he is snowed in when he does emerge its to many rainy days i am afraid hence the need for a canoe, scotland doesnot really get much sun, if your prepared to wear a kilt then by all means go there but then you have the Scottish English divides whereby local friction against outsiders ( ENGLISHMEN ) occurs

Therfore dorset / devon / kent / somerset / Is your best bet but you may choose to retire to live in (SOHO)Central London full of all things Vice like Take plenty of money with your as its half price for retiring couples especialy on a wednesday ,somewere to while away your retirement days .

pluss that little golden cup of afternoon Tea.

Welcome to England Yank

• Hamas
    Hamas

Yeah Englishman dont rub it in I know deep down we aint gonna win a thing other than auto promotion.

Besides, Redknapp has brought the league this season, we haven't (couldn't) spend a penny.

Leicester always blow it at the death, so dont expect them to beat Pompey. We had the chance to go clear the other day but lost to bloody Shef United . Typical !

• Englishman
    Englishman
    Therfore dorset / devon / kent / somerset / Is your best bet

As a Somerset dweller, I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to some of our rich musical culture.

If you do a search on Kazaa or similar and look up a Somerset group named "The Wurzels", you will be delighted to find a rich heritage of musical intellect that is yet to be surpassed.

I am particularly pleased to recommend the downloading of such delights as:

"Off to sunny Weson super Mare", "Drink up thy Zider" and "Combine Harvester".

Englishman. BTW, these really do exist!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit