Funniest or strangest thing to happen to you when knocking on a door

by usualusername1 57 Replies latest jw friends

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

I was out in FS with my 10 yr old son. We knocked on the door of the first house and a huge person answered the door. I could not tell if it was a man or woman. He/she was about 6'6" and was wearing a Hawaiian-type Mumu. I started my presentation with the WT and he/she stopped me immediately. "Don't you know who I am?" "No, I don't", said I. "I'm Jesus. Now why would I want a magazine about me? I don't need to read about me, I already know everything about me. Now if you want to give away these magazines go to that house and that one and that one. The demons live in those houses, they need to read these magazines." He/she waved its arms frantically and shooed us away." My son and I just looked at each other and walked away. No one else answered their doors. Frankly, I was relieved.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I wish I could have met Mumu Jesus!

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

I was 16 when a 20 year nice girl in the most beautifull French lingerie opened the door.

It was a great moment for me šŸ˜Ž

G.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Working in a block of flats in a rough area. The guy at number 66 had scratched another 6 onto the door. No JW would call there. The guy i was working with insisted "there's someone stronger with us than with him!" so knocks on the door. The householder was a scruffy fellow and a wall of smell hit us as the door opened. Like boiled cabbage and shit. He invites us in. There's beer cans, thousands of beer cans, piled up all around his living room. It looked like a rubbish dump.

My ministry partner was ignoring this and giving a witness about how bad the world is etc. then the householder puts on a womans voice and calls out "legion!"... we're sitting there dumbstruck. I ask who legion is, and he replies "my cat. I lost him in here 5 years ago".

We leave.

• new boy
    new boy

Doing door to door in New York in the 1970's a women dressed in black, black hair and really white skin opens the door she looks just like Elvira. She stands there stone face and says nothing, eyes straight ahead. We launch into our sermon. After a couple of minutes something or someone grabs her and pulls her away from the door. The door slams shut. We turn and start to walk away. On the other side of the closed door there is the sound like someone is getting an incredible betting no screams but a lot of noise like someone being thrown to the floor. We stand there for a minute or two. The door creaks opens and she is standing there just like before with the same weird look on her face.

"Are you OK we ask?" Says nothing. I look at my friend and we both look at her. Next second someone or something grabs her again and pulls her away from the door. the door slams shut. There is sounds of another beating going on the other side of the door.

"Should we call the police?" My friend asked me.

"Na.....it's New York"

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

A weird person invited us in. My naive friend says ok en we stepped in the house. The man locked the front door and took the keys.

Never felt so uncomfortable and unsafe.

G.

• snapdragon4
    snapdragon4

In the 70's one Friday evening after work with my friend Simon:

Simon: "Good Morning, sorry Good Afternoon, sorry, I mean, Good Evening."

Householder, closing door: "Good night!"

I still chuckle forty years on.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

in my early teens i was very gung ho going door knocking--on my own ! one dark tuesday evening i was out knocking--before the tuesday group meeting. this was in Handsworth, Birmingham UK. ( you wouldnt go out at night there these days ).

anyway--i knock door--it opens--and i--a young teenage kid--was confronted by a poor chap who had no nose--just a hole in his face. i think i needed fresh underwear.

a few years later--same area--saturday morning--door opens and a guy is holding a frying pan full of blackened frazzled bacon and sausages--smoke pouring out. he slammed the door in my face. why he answered i the door never knew.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

I have two.

When I was a teenager, I was working with a group of brothers. In order to cover the territory quicker, we went to the doors by individually. I walked up to this one door, rang the bell and this very attractive woman wearing just a bathrobe and a smile answers the door. I go through my presentation and still smiling, takes the magazines and thanks me. That just made my day.

One time, I got my Social Studies teacher at the door.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I really donā€™t have any stories to compare.

One time, a relative and I were doing rural witnessing. As we talked to the householder, a goat put his head into my relativeā€™s bookbag and started munching on a Watchtower. Of course, later, jokes about encountering ā€œgoatsā€ in the ministry ensued.

I was working with a younger person and flipped open randomly in the Bible to some verse in Levites about cutting down trees or something. I joked with him that he should read that to the householder. Unfortunately, he took me seriously and did exactly that.

Not door to door, but still "ministry" related:

I had a ā€œBible studyā€ I had with a poor man from another countryā€¦I brought another ā€œbrotherā€ with me. During the study, a roach crawled across the kitchen table where we were having the study. The brother with me started to freak out. I attempted to brush the roach off the table with me hand, but accidently swept it right onto him. He leapt up and screamed like a girl.

Oh, another time, I was bringing this same study to the Memorial, but he had to get to work afterward and so he followed me. He often told me it took him an hour to get to work and I often wondered why. That was because he never drove over 30 miles an hour. In the country he was from, he never drove over that speed. So here he was following me at 30 miles an hour, where the speed limit was 45 and 55. We barely made it to the Memorial in time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit