Funniest or strangest thing to happen to you when knocking on a door

by usualusername1 57 Replies latest jw friends

• usualusername1
    usualusername1

What is the funniest or strangest thing to happen to you or your partner when knocking on doors?

Mine was seeing a greenhouse with mannequins inside. Scary...

Paul

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

I was warned away from a particular house with the words, "A goat-shaped demon lives there."
    I listened without remarking, "Are you nuts?"
    Naturally, I wouldn't have missed that address for anything.

There's a rather strange story here. I may write it soon.
    For the time being, here's the short version.
    A lady answers the door and welcomes us as Godly folk. She invites us into her backyard. Her "son" is chained to a rocking chair. He has...umm...birth defects, I guess you'd say. This is without a doubt, the reason for the warning. Whoever showed up at this house first must've freaked out.

• usualusername1
  • Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

After a CO talk suggesting we knock at doors more forcibly, I did next day when out with CO. Hammered door, however it was off its hinges leaning against frame, whilst householderwas painting it inside. Door fell in on top of irate HH. We quietly left. Never returned to that house.

• eby
    eby

Working in the country talking to a householder outdoors a crow lands on my head. Turns out to be the householder's pet.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Was out in the country calling on a single wide mobile home. The front door was wide open so you can see in as we walk up to it. The home was bouncing up and down and a sound of two adults laughing and screaming. All of a sudden a very large women runs past the open front door completely nude laughing and screaming. Seconds later a very skinny nude man runs past the open door shouting "come here you sexy thing I want you". The brother I was with and I stop dead in our tracks turn around and went back to our car laughing our heads off. To this day I chuckle when I see a old single wide mobile home out in the country. LOL Still Totally ADD

• compound complex
    compound complex

A female dog in heat following a pretty young sister and me from door to door. Finally, a door opens and I give my presentation while a male dog, who catches up to the three of us, . . .

The sister runs off hysterical while I politely excuse myself.

Oh, it was back in the '60s. Wish I could remember the HH's reaction.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Evening witnessing at a block of flats in a fairly rough part of the area.

From high up we hear a ladies voice call out "can I help you?"

We looked up to see her several balconies above, leaning over the railing naked!

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

A householder's dog charged through the screen door, knocked over the householder, and bit my arm.

• Tahoe
    Tahoe

Great stories!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit