Funniest or strangest thing to happen to you when knocking on a door

by usualusername1 57 Replies latest jw friends

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I was with a nice but shy married brother. At one particular door, a teenager opens it and listens. The magazine had an article on how bad things were (surprise) and about terrorists in particular.

After the brother gives his presentation, the boy suddenly says, Well I'm a Terrorist. The brother was totally shocked but I just started laughing. So the boy just kept adding on to it and I kept laughing because I thought it was a creative way to get rid of us. The brother could only go on with his prepared speech. The dad appeared and said that they weren't interested.

The brother never said a word about it after.

The householder in this next story wasn't the shocking part.

This brother who always seemed good natured found a man outside on his driveway. The man didn't want us there and pointed out that the street was private to which the brother said it was public and he could stand on it. So the bro stood within an inch of the man's driveway and got into a heated discussion. Next thing I knew, they were doing chest bumps and swinging fists. I was shocked that this bro was fighting so I put my hands up and pleading with both "No violence Please" I said it several times. Finally they backed away. The police came and there were warnings given.

A fine witness indeed.

• Tech49
    Tech49

I went to a house once, the front door was open, but they had a glass security-type screen door. You could see right into the house, plain as day. There was a big dog sitting there, just looking at us. He didnt have much to say, and was obviously tired or something.... didnt even bark at us. Odd.. we thought.... As we stood there for a moment....we realized why. Behind him, the ENTIRE front room, carpet, chairs, couch, coffee table, plants..... was just SHREDDED! As in TORN APART, like by a wild animal on crack!

He had been busy all morning, and a couple of dudes at his front door was the least of his worries! Needless to say, we turned and walked away pretty fast.....

• Toshibabadu
    Toshibabadu

A man dressed as a woman, he had a black eye and several brusies all over his face, opened the door and before i could say a word, grabs me and kisses me. He took the tract out my hand and proceeded to walk down the street.

• Toshibabadu
    Toshibabadu

Oh and i was shaken to the core, it was a wet nasty kiss...all i could hear was mmmooooaaahuuuu. I was too shocked to react.

• wozza
    wozza

Oh I love this topic ,I can't just pick one as I have a few that I can't choose the best

Working alone in semi rural coastal area I knocked on the door of an old run down house and an old man opened the door and said "My wife just died then" -stuck for words .

First door I ever did with my study conductor - man opens door and we begin our introduction as I tremble ,next minute his wife/girlfriend comes down the passage angrily pushes him out of the way and tells us to get lost ,swings around and we got a full view of everything under her sheer nightee. freaked me out.

Opened a gate and a bull terrier siezed my hand and would'nt let go till the owner called it off.

Again working alone in rurals walked up a long private road to a house and was stalked by a German Shepherd dog which bit me repeatedly and the owners did nothing as it bit me out of the gate.

Working with the ex wife again walking up a long drive in the rurals a woman set her two Dobermans on us and we had to run 200 metres to the street.

Knocked on a door the other brothers didn't want to do - a bleeding chicken leg nailed to the front door and the householder was home ,fun witch.

oh ok I'll stop

• wozza
    wozza

Oh just one more can't help myself

Working with a young sister knocked on a door and a man dressed in overalls and a huge wood and brass cross proceeds to run from next door ,pulls out the big cross and shakes it at us screaming to get of his nieghbours property ,they don't want to hear the words of demons apparently...............still cracks me up that one.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

I have a few memorable ones.

Working with my friend - both teenagers at the time - knocked on the door in the middle of the day. Takes a while for the householder to come to the door. A man comes to the door wearing nothing but a towel. My friend begins her presentation and the man lets go of his towel. My friend turns a very bright shade of red and we leave laughing.

Working with my dad one day we knock and out comes a very angry woman "get off my property before I get my gun. I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire!" she yells. My dad smiles at her and says "okay, have a nice day."

I also had a "magazine route" when I was young. We were encouraged to offer subscriptions so I offered her one on my next visit. She says to me "oh no love, I was only taking the magazines because I think you are cute."

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

One new sister was at the door in a rural territory with an older sister who was very proper and didn't ever challenge authority. There was a turkey in the yard and it kept poking the newer sister in the butt. Finally she told the householder, "If you don't do something about your turkey I'm going to kick its ass!"

I was offering a magazine in the 1980's about lung cancer. I mentioned that it was on the rise and smoking was the leading cause. The householder said very raspily, "I have lung cancer and I never smoked a day in my life, get lost."

One time at a dark screened door, a deep throated bass voice said, "Yes, may I help you?" The screen reflected light and I couldn't see. "Well sir, I'm here to .......

"I am a woman, get lost!" Slam!!!!! Oh what days they were.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

The most bizarre preaching situation was when I went to preach, I was about 20 or 21, in Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico, in the late 80s. I knocked on a door, and some guy I had hooked up with in the past came out. The bizarre part was not each other's shock. I handled that part really well. The bizarre part was that the "brother" that was with me, married with grown up children of my age, started flirting with him.

• Toshibabadu
    Toshibabadu

I was in FS with an elder and his wife, we were driving around doing return visits and the whole time she talked about how good she looks in a bikini and how popular she was in high school, how she tans easily, how she never had low self esteem and on and on and on and on...it was so bizarre because she wasn't talking to me or her husband, it was as if we weren't there. i was so miserable, i wanted to just open the door and run.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit