Cult or Religion

by Richard C B 225 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Even fading or walking away comes with its cultish fallout.

You can't just walk away, family flips out friends flip out, they say really weird and preachy things to you non stop, the elders FORCE themselves into your life, yes you can say no, but they really make it inappropriate how much the push, and use emotional manipulation and private investigating interrogation techniques. To avoid all this, your best bet is to disappear completely. Someone tell me how that is not a undue influence cult?

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    freemindfade:- If you want to find out if your religion is a High Control cult or not, find out what it takes to leave

NAILED it!

• Londo111
    Londo111
    Yes, even with fading friends (and family) will keep their distance until virtually one might as well be DFed.
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

• @secretslaveclass, Dont worry mate 3 ppl at least like your post. Im sure you feel really proud about that.

Making an observation, stating it in a thread on a public forum where opinion was expected is hardly reason to be proud - it's not an accomplishment is it?
    • Now my turn for a question Richie: are you proud of a thread you chose to start where not only have you clearly no clue on the subject matter, but eagerly dismiss the well informed opinions of those whom you invited into this debate?

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Judging by the immature PM I got from Richie, not only am I convinced he's ill informed for a topic of this nature but now I'm also convinced he's barely reached puberty:

• cofty
    cofty

Priceless!

He has shown signs of being a keyboard warrior once or twice already.

14 year old JW who has been left unsupervised possibly?

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Sorry. I feel the need to clarify. When I said that using the word "High Control Group" instead of cult was an attempt to political correctness that undermines the efforts of those trying to fight cults back, I meant to say the references in books and other official statements. The general population may not be aware that cults exists and how many of them. Hassan's book states that between corporations and religions, there are thousands of "high control groups" in America. Most publications would like you to think they look like heavens gate. That is why I think that if somewhere somebody suggested that in order to get a book published or an article on a newspaper you need to use the politically correct words, the image of the cult gets softened and the point does not come across as strongly.

Obviously the other can apply to interpersonal relationships. Like John well stated it, a granny can run faster than a 747 on take off if you say cult. This will actually undermine any efforts to wake up a loved one. Ironically I just used the word cult with my wife today, but I am at a different situation.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Cofty:

Could there be any other feasible explanation?

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

StarTrekAngel:

No need to clarify, it may well be we will never hear from the embarrassed Richie again (unless he reinvents himself or discovers humility i.e. grows up overnight).

• Giordano
    Giordano

Richie is trying incredibly hard to come off as an intellectual hosting an intellectual TV debate show when the audience in fact notices that he should be hosting a kiddie quiz show?

Yep.

Richie take your tornado of bullshit to a different ex JW site and spin out somewhere else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit