Cult or Religion

by Richard C B 225 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Richard C B
    Richard C B

Thanks to everyone youve actually convinced me that its NOT a cult, @ secret,, sorry dude you wound me up making fun of me, i was out of line.

Take care guys, thanks again.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Prediction: Richard will be back on this forum in a few years saying, "Guys...you were so right and I was so wrong."
  • stuffwotifink
    stuffwotifink
    Hold on a second. You said:

the actual dictionary word full meaning of cult,, the cult or movement is led by a charismatic leader.
    And then you told me that you don't know enough about the GB to decide if they are a "composite charismatic leader".

Seems slightly dishonest to now say they are not a cult, without knowing enough about their leadership to even tell if they meet a criterion you set on cults... Jus' sayin'.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

LOL!! Here is where he officially gave himself away.

Richard C B7 hours ago
    @breakfast, yes you can if you gradually fade out without committing a grave sin.

I thought he wasn't too familiar with JWism??

DD

• Viviane
    Viviane
    As I said, if he's not pretending, what's his agenda?
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Research, no doubt. He/She/Them is either trying to get relief from cognitive dissonance, or gather evidence from the greatest minds on the Internet ( That would be us. ) in order to twist it on pro-dub sites.

DD

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    All this says to me is the kids of the bOrg are suffering from serious social impotence.
  • committeechairman
    committeechairman

All dictionary and scholarly and "Theocratic" definitions aside, the common use of the term cult really refers to whether a religion (a) has unreasonable and non-sensical requirements and (b) whether the doctrine is generally accepted or not, in my opinion.

I would most certainly say that most people consider Jehovah's Witnesses a cult due to their position on holidays, neutrality, medical treatment with blood products, and shunning/disfellowshipping.

Not sure why it is a debate. If Jehovah's Witnesses are convinced they are right, why bother debating whether this is a cult or not. I would argue that under the classical definitions that the 10,000% greater emphasis and visibility of the governing body (deliberately not capitalized) makes the organization more focused on individuals than ever before.

CC

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein
    Richard C B an hour ago
    Thanks to everyone you've actually convinced me that its NOT a cult

OK Richie we've brought forth much information that shows that the JWS is a high controlling dangerous and destructive cult. Don't say you weren't warned.

The ball is in your court now, take in the corruption and mental oppression, your there to experience it all.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Cofty nailed it regarding the spectrum of religions/cults in the world; but if you're talking about JWs, then that's easy.

Let's review: It's a cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit