Did the jw's leadership ever apologize for 1975?

by dugout 44 Replies latest jw friends

• karter
    karter

They made a sort of apology that could be interpreted many ways ... as usual plenty of wiggle room to deny it.there should be an apology over "this generation will not pass away" but I'm not holding my breath. Karter

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    • They even bullshited an actual month as in October 1975 to make it look like an actual verifiable date.
      Why you ask ?

To enhance the proliferation of the WTS's own published literature by its devoted followers or duped exploited idiots.
      Lies and deceptions are at the core of this religious publishing house as is its innate corruption.

It bloody worked, though. How many on this board over the years have said their parents or relatives got baptised in the early 70s.....certainly is the case with me. Of course as kids we didnt know exactly why, but its no coincidence there was a spike in converts in the late 60s and early/mid 70s. Im sure it happened prior to 1925, too.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Correct Diogensister

The JWS religion grew rapidly during the late 1960's and 70's but dropped off in the early 1980's ,. people could smell a fraud. ....... I did.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

In reality, the Borg cannot 'apologize' for the 1975 fiasco. Because if they did, the rank and file would look at the Borg for being 'wrong' in a way. Ultimately this would cause a major 'confidence' shift in the rank and file, could cause a 'tide' of doubters perhaps if they did 'apologize', people would think ""perhaps maybe the organization is wrong, what else could they be wrong about''.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Forgot to add, that if the Borg ever did 'apologize' for the 1975 debacle, this would give the dreaded "apostates" more ''ammunition''.

I just finished watching a bunch of the David and Vivian Aspinall videos on their youtube channel. David brought this point out, good point.

David speaks very coy-like, very stoic. There is no music, no special effects or yelling, he is just very frank, and draws home some interesting tid-bits from Crisis of Conscience. Just a few reminders and drives the point home.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''The JWS religion grew rapidly during the late 1960's and 70's but dropped off in the early 1980's ,. people could smell a fraud. ....... I did. ''

It can be hard to feel sympathy to those who can see the 'fraud' but just keep on investing their time, energy and even money because of emotional investments into it.

Raymond Franz, a classy guy. David Aspinal on their youtube channel, he holds Ray Franz it seems in great 'esteem'. He admires the guy.

• hoser
    hoser

My mom lived through it and still denies that the organization ever said that 1975 was going to be the end.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In the vein of intellectual honesty it would fair to say most the WTS's doctrines concerning the End Times , GT and Armageddon were directly connected and influenced toward the proliferation of the WTS own publications, a tainted commercialized teaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Strict regulation of those doctrines were activated to sustain the continuing operation of the organization.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

They never said directly that Armageddon would come in 1975 but hyped and promoted the suggestion based from the false and previously used proclamation of mankind's existence of 6000 years ending up in 1975.

It would also fair to say the WTS is a false, lying commercialized religious publishing house.

Funny how the WTS is always counting numbers and dates, starting from the measurement of the Great Pyramid of Giza.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Not only did they say in their publications that 6000 years of human history would end in 1975 ,they also said that it would be an appropriate time for Christ Jesus to start his 1000 reign as King in the heavens.

This all coinciding with there teaching that a creative day was 7000 years long .

And at the end of the reign of Jesus Christ 1000 year rule would be the end of the seventh creative day mankind would be brought back to perfection into a paradise earth .

The 7th day: 6000 years of human imperfection

Christ Jesus 1000 year reign : Restoring humans to perfection

Culminating in the 7th day.

Then everything under creation being perfect handed back to Jehovah.

edit to add : The words apology and sorry are not words the G.B. are familiar with they are not in its vocabulary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit