JWs At My Door This Morning

by Francois 64 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Witnesses at the door reminds me of this song.

Lyrics:
    Someone's knockin' at the door
    somebody's ringin' the bell
    Do me a favour open the door and let'em in.

Sister Suzie
    brother John
    Martin Luther
    Phil and Don
    Brother Michael
    auntie Gin
    open the door and let'em in.

somebody's ringin' the bell . . .
    Sister Suzie
    brother John
    Martin Luther
    Phil and Don
    . . .
    Uncle Ernie
    auntie Gin
    open the door and let'em in.
    NO D'ONT LET EM IN
  • teejay
    teejay

Do me a favour open the door
    and let'em in.

Funny, JH.

One time, I went for days telling people that I was working on a song that I hoped to get published. Without even trying to sing, I said those words as dryly as I could. As dry and stupid as they are.

Every one of them looked at me like I was crazy. “How in hell do you think that will be a hit?” one said.

Funny.

• garybuss
    garybuss

That Witness was so lucky to have called on Francois and not me.

The Witnesses taught my parents to beat my brother and me. They directed my parents to not allow me to be a normal kid at home or at school. They forced me to sit in long boring meetings on school nights and sell magazines on dirty street corners.

Then they coerced my wife into refusing all useful medical treatment and die a very premature painful death while I watched. They refused to help me help her when they were asked.

They told my wife to leave me and attend group sponsored activities and they instructed my sons to shun me. They own my parents and my brother and two of my sons and they require those to shun me.

They continue to make attempts to divide my wife and I by calling her on the phone and in person. They have called me names and they have threatened me in every way imaginable.

My goal is not to show Witnesses the error of their ways. I could give a rat's ass. My goal is to keep them away from me and my family.

• wednesday
    wednesday
    Oh my god, you guys!

Some Jehovahs Witnesses just came to my house--and of course my latest strategy is to hide and let someone else answer the door, or not answer the door at all. Well, my younger brother is home from his first semester at college and he just happened to be near the door when they came knocking...

I heard them preaching to him, and I knew trouble was on the way...

He feigned interest, took their magazines, and lit them on fire right in front of them!

remember this, lol. it is from dec 2002. we all laughed ourself sick.Oribitingthe sun posted it.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

LOL----put a smile on my face

• teejay
    teejay
    The Witnesses taught my parents to beat my brother and me. They directed my parents to not allow me to be a normal kid at home or at school. They forced me to sit in long boring meetings on school nights and sell magazines on dirty street corners.
    Then they coerced my wife into refusing all useful medical treatment and die a very premature painful death while I watched. They refused to help me help her when they were asked.
    They told my wife to leave me and attend group sponsored activities and they instructed my sons to shun me. They own my parents and my brother and two of my sons and they require those to shun me.
    They continue to make attempts to divide my wife and I by calling her on the phone and in person. They have called me names and they have threatened me in every way imaginable.
    My goal is not to show Witnesses the error of their ways. I could give a rat's ass. My goal is to keep them away from me and my family.

I was a Witness, too, Gary. A “good” one. Raised by a mother who is a very loyal Dub even now (and is ashamed that her son – me – has ‘left jehovah’). I was a Witness from the early 60s (just before I got into pre-school) until the early 90s. A “good” one. For the better part of my life. Trust me...

You didn’t go through anything that I didn’t, too. Nothing. Still, there comes a point in time when one has to lay aside the hatred and bitterness. One has to realize that holding on to those negative thoughts is detrimental TO ONE’S OWN SELF. One has to understand that perpetuating wrongs is... well... perpetuating wrongs. And frankly, I’m big enough to stop the cycle. Why? ‘Cause I choose to. I can.

I was not impressed with Frank’s treatment of a man that is walking in the same shoes that Frank himself walked in for many years. As far as I’m concerned, Frank’s response (and the applause of every one here who did so) is highly hypocritical... not to mention unloving and, might I say, self-serving.

Believe me... I understand Frank’s emotion. He’s mad, not at the stranger "Brother Jones" but at the Watchtower Society. I lost 30 years of my own life (cue the violin). That DOESN’T excuse my abuse of current victims who are going through exactly what I did.

I know this spiel doesn’t (and never will) make me many friends here or get wild applause, but it’s the truth.

• wednesday
    wednesday

teejay,

i honestly don't think we all have had the same experiences.

Gary lost his wife to death. that does not happen to all of us. Some of us have incest and rape in our background-that does not happen to everyone.

I know some jw familes that managed to raise fairly normal kids-their parents thought for themselves and did not follow every whim the WTS had. Some of us were raised by fanatical nuts.

not all jws experiences are the same.

I do agree that in general holding on to bitterness does not help.

It has not helped me. however, now with silentlambs and other legal means , i can find an outlet to get even with these people. i need closure.

• teejay
    teejay
    i honestly don't think we all have had the same experiences.

True that, Wednesday.

I’m forced to amend an earlier statement of mine – the one where I said that there’s nothing that Gary’s experienced that I haven’t. No. I haven’t lost a wife (or “heaven” forbid: a child) to the Organization. So for that...

If I’ve offended anyone (Frank? Gary?), my apologies. I mean that. I also happen to think, though, that Brother Jones—wherever he is—is also owed an apology. Isn’t he a human, too? Or not?

p.s. Maybe it’s because my last name is Jones...

... or because I got called boy like someone referred to this man as...

... or because I spent many days/hours/years of my life sincerely (albeit misguidedly) going to people’s homes ...

... that I see little to cheer about here in this thread. Or any other of this kind.

I’d hate to think that I was in yet another minority (subset) of a particular group. Then again, I’ve gotten used to bearing the “undefined” or “other” label. Still... sometimes it ain’t easy being green.

• larc
    larc

How do I treat JW's at the door? Well, it depends on the JW and my situation. I remember one time on a Friday about noon. I saw them coming down the street while I was packing my bags to go on a trip. I was ready to kick ass, but the woman who came to my door was a tiny, old black lady. Now, I really couldn't give here a hard time. So, I told her that I knew who she was and just sign me up for a subcription to the Watchtower and Awake!. She was supremely happy.

On another occasion this Yuppie looking kind of guy came to my door. I would have ripped into him, but he had a child with him. I couldn't have done that in front of the child.

Now, over the past six months, I have had these "brothers" visiting me, from time to time. I really do want to "chat" with them. Unfortunately, they have not been back for awhile. I don't know why. I am very perplexed. I presented myself as interested.
    Well, if anything comes of this, I will let you know.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

teejay: you are taking this WAY OUT . FIRST any jw that comes to your door can not back up what the wt prints .so there is the first lie . if you are a sales man for a vacuum co. you lie that your vac is the best.. one year later you find out that the sales man jerked you . and you never buy from them again ,and you tell all your friends the same. but the jw's are lairs that use the name of god to sell you a false christ... there is a big difference here . you are playing with peoples lives , not a few hundred of dollars. NO JW IS deserving any I'M SORRY IF THEY would have tested what they are bullshitting the public with they would never knock on another door. i was the first to say i think francios could have engaged this wt zombie a little more. but that don't change the facts that the jw's willfully lie for brooklyn with out proving all things true.... so it is the jw's sin that they have not done their HOMEWORK!!!!!!!!!! i'm sure that francios has used many tactics on jw's in the past ,as i have , but you get to a point were you can see what you are dealing with before a word is even exchanged. these zombies some times wake up more when you are forceful and know in thier heart you have their NUMBER. teejay take that politically correct bull to the king dum hall and teach jw's how to act before push it here......john

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit