No Bible = No God?

by menrov 113 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Brokeback Watchtower
  • Brokeback Watchtower
  • punkofnice
  • Onager
    Onager

No bible does not equal no god. It only equals no bible god, which a kind of obvious.

To Perry: Martyrdom does not equal truth. This is also obvious because martyrs have died while holding opposing beliefs.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    The vast majority of life in general requires faith.

Perry that is a really silly argument and you know it is.

You refuse to answer my questions and just keep going around in circles.
    Your are a TROLL - we have so many on this site now that it has changed the nature of the site.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I think a root difference here with believers and nonbelievers is summed up by Carl Sagan above.

A deep-seated need to believe that the Bible is God's Word leads to closed minds. The same people with that need, were they born into Buddhism or Islam, would have completely different mindsets on their need to believe.

Some are a little bit more open and accept that the Bible may be Man's Word, but still have a deep-seated need to believe that a god created everything. We can find these people in varying opinions on whether the god is all-knowing and benevolent or just started it all and left us to our own devices.

Nonbelievers for the most part do not have such a deep-seated need. The likes of Perry will argue that, but if legitimate proof actually showed up that a higher intelligence created life on earth, nonbelievers would examine it for validity, but would not have anything like a faith-crisis over it. They would incorporate the legitimate proof into a new understanding of how we came to be.

• venus
    venus

ttdtt,

Before asking for proof, think about this. A seed can feel it is finished as it has been buried—it doesn’t know it has only been planted to continue living! There is no need to show the proof that there is life after its seeming burial. Even if God is willing to provide proof, are we able to see Him, hear Him, feel Him … Our physical eyes are able to see only those objects that lie within the visible range. It means there are several objects that our eyes cannot perceive, though such objects tangibly exist, merely because their frequency lies beyond the visible range. The light we see with human eyes consists of photons with energies in the range 2 to 3 electron volts. What if God’s is more than that (as in the case of the gamma-rays which the Fermi Gamma-Ray Telescope detects which are of billions of times more energetic, from 20 million to more than 300 billion electron volts, powerful bullets of energy, from cosmic phenomena such as supermassive black holes and hypernova explosions0.

I know my mind and other minds exist. Other minds would include lesser minds, superior mind and even a Supreme Mind. If minds that are very much here cannot be subjected to scientific equipments, the same applies to the Supreme Mind. If we say God doesn’t exist just because He doesn’t come subjected to tools humans have invented it would be like me saying nothing exists beyond what I can understand.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    venus: Before asking for proof, think about this. A seed can feel it is finished as it has been buried—it doesn’t know it has only been planted to continue living! There is no need to show the proof that there is life after its seeming burial.

Yeah, you should think, Venus. Instead, you have used a ridiculous analogy for your illustration.

Think about this: seeds don't feel and seeds don't know because...well, a seed doesn't have a brain.

This is a typical bullshit device used by creationists and religious nutjobs everywhere - they pull some ridiculous illustration, out of their nether regions, that seems to make sense but doesn't. They project human capabilities onto things that don't have human capabilities. Fairly tale animism. They rely on the stupidity of their audience to get applause for pulling a rabbit out of the hat when they had that stupid rabbit in their pocket all along

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Faith is the excuse people give for believing in something when there is no evidence.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    A seed can feel it is finished as it has been buried—it doesn’t know it has only been planted to continue living!

Venus - I am happy you have the solace of your faith - but - I can prove to you that seeds exist.
    I can experiment with what happens to seeds when put in the ground.
    I can follow them from seed to sprout every second of the way.
    I can examine the DNA of the seed and even make changes to it if I want.
    A seed does not have a brain so it cant know or feel anything.
    There is NOT mystery on how a seed works.
    I don't need FAITH when I plant my flowers.

Even if God is willing to provide proof, are we able to see Him, hear Him, feel Him … Our physical eyes are able to see only those objects that lie within the visible range.... It means there are several objects that our eyes cannot perceive

So god is SOOOO powerful - he cants make himself know in an indisputable way?

By the way - our minds have made tools so we can detect and see and manipulate all those things that our eyes cant see.

If god were real, he would make his presence know so it was...
    Indisputable - Unambiguous - and it would be Globally Accepted.

By the way Gamma Ray bursts I think you are talking about happens when a massive star converts lighter elements into heavier ones through fusion. When fusion no longer makes enough pressure to counteract gravity, the star rapidly collapses to form a black hole. The energy may be released during the collapse along the axis of rotation to form a gamma-ray burst that is amazingly powerful. (dont know what your point is on that)

By the way, the bible didn't help us figure that our. The human mind using the scientific method over decades of years did. Einstien gave us the math that lets us understand what is going on, and observation and experimentation confirm it. NO FAITH REQUIRED.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit