No Bible = No God?

by menrov 113 Replies latest watchtower bible

• menrov
    menrov

Some doubt about the bible completely, some partially. What if the bible turns out to be a product of humans, nothing divine. Would you still believe in a creator?

I would.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i regard the bible as a sort of instruction manual for some long defunct piece of useless machinery.

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

There is no evidence of a creator, so no

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

All gods were created out of human ignorance of the world of which we live and their own inherent imagination.

They also played a role in giving an established civilization its own exclusive identity.

The competition between ancient civilizations were structured around their god's being the mightiest and true god over the other civilizations and their select god.

The ancient Hebrews and their god Yahweh for example.

That is an indefensible fact written in history.

They were also created to deal with the physical reality of the living experience, such as death and illness social discord etc.

• Giordano
    Giordano

There have been thousands of gods but as the group or civilization dies off they die too.

The bible? A very silly and dangerous book.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It should be also accepted and realized that gods were also used to strengthen created socialized laws of conduct or behavior in a given civilization.

ie the Ten Commandments.

The bible is useful as a reference of humanity's history and knowledge of the world in which we live and about are social behavioral history.

• TD
    TD

The Bible has nothing whatsoever to do with the existence (Or nonexistence) of God.

• Spiral
    Spiral

I don't believe in God. The Bible is just a collection of old books. Somewhat interesting historically, but I don't equate it to proof of the existence of a God.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

I would love to see any evidence of ANYTHING that violates the laws of physics, or the "super-natural", whatever that may be.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The Bible is a product of humans unless you think stories from Mesopotamia , Egypt and Greece are true stories and that some how were written down improperly and about the wrongs gods and then the Bible writers were then told how to write them down correctly yet they still have problems with contradictions and prophecies that didn’t come true even in their more accurate tellings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit