What is life?

by punkofnice 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

punk I don't mean to say you need meds or that anyone else here does but i'm one of those people who does not think it is shameful to take medication. what i mean is that if pain can be alleviated - including emotional and mental pain- then it is a question of finding the right medication or combination of meds that can help with emotional distress and pain.

I've worked in a psych hospital (private) and have seen how psychiatrists keep trying to get the right medication for an individual. sometimes an individual can try out 10 different ssri's or snri's and other meds in combination or not. when you talk to the person after they have obtained the right combo or when you see them years later they have a career and are reasonably happy in their lives.

on the nhs you have to take the initiative I'm sad to say but it can still be done with perseverence and a certain amount of luck. some meds do have awful side effects but there are some that don't - each person is different

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Unpredictable.

But our life can also be an opportunity, and we won't have that opportunity for long.

On the negative I have noticed on my recent shopping life is also inflation :-(

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

rebel

life is the boxing day sales

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Ruby - thanks. that's kind of you. I need a goal I think.

I don't think I'm suffering from depression. I actually think I'm understanding reality and it doesn't suit me.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Punk, is that you? I have been away awhile. Anyway I love your new "avatar " I think that's what it's called. Is it one of your drawings, what's the history behind it?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

reb - retail therapy for me would involve 1960's Marvel comics. sadly, too expensive to pursue.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

:-)))

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Reb - thanks for asking - the drawing was one I originally made as a cover to the Millions book. In the end I was advised not to use it but to use the Charles Taze Rissole type book cover. The drawing I used as my new avvy appears on the reverse of the book instead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit