What is life?

by punkofnice 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

When I was a jobo, I used to thing of 'life without end at laaaasssssst'.

Having been on my journey out of the WBT$ slaveholdery, I have found that something that makes sense is that life doesn't owe us a meaning.

Psalms 146:4 was actually bangeth on the money-eth 'His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.'

Although I am now very atheist, and really do not even think there is the remotest possibility of a god, that bible passage is correct. (Disclaimer: I do not hold any so called 'holy book' to be inspired of a higher thingy).

It is with great regret that I have to admit to myself that life is merely a brief struggle against pain until the oblivion of death. there is nothing after. No afterlife.

With that happy thought; how do you cope with life?

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

life is a struggle and like you I do think about such things particularly when bad things keep happening - how do people keep their chin up? In a secular sense I think it is the experience that counts and I think the bible can be read secularly as you have done.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Life is a struggle - especially for species that live in the wild.

House pets have it easy - lucky b*****ds.

Life can be a struggle for humans too but we have made great advancements in science and medicine. Many disorders can be corrected and diseases cured.

On the plus side (usually!), we have friends and family, and culture, and hobbies.

Life's tough but the best thing we can do is do our best and enjoy ourselves along the way.

• oppostate
    oppostate

What is life

Baby don't hurt me no more

Oops that's what is love

Sorry

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Ruby - LUHE

I feel that I'm just treading water until oblivion. It feels bloomin' awful but I just gotta get on with it and try to fill my time with good things..............it's very hard.

I never had these thoughts until I discovered there is no afterlife. I really only have a short time left until complete and utter oblivion. Oblivion is the only word to describe it.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I never had these thoughts until I discovered there is no afterlife - I don't really believe in an afterlife but I don't think anyone has discovered there isn't one. There's no evidence for it.

There may or may not be an afterlife - I don't know.

The best thing we can do in the meantime is enjoy the life we have.

• prologos
    prologos

In the sterile Universe, life has taken on a life of it's own, riding a wave of energy. It is like a relay race, on a crowded track, get the finished racers out of the way, a race driven by the joy of living.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

oppo - Oh, no........an ear worm.

• tiki
    tiki

Nobody has ever come back to tell us about post death circumstances....so...make the best of the life you have while you're still breathing...thinking....walking...talking....and if perchance there is another level of consciousness post mortem...well find out when we get there.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

This is a remnant of the belief system you are casting aside. Death is punishment, everlasting life is a reward.

Both are simply not true. The only thing the bible has right is death as sleep, dare I say something to be welcomed when he time comes, not something to fear.

Life however lived for now and for improving your future, that of your family and maybe that of others is worth living and living for . Why should it be empty because it ends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit