What is life?

by punkofnice 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

At best life is an awakened heart that may not live to be a ghost?

My advice don't rationalize life enjoy it....

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

reb - If I had more cash I could certainly enjoy a better class of misery.....Spike Milligan said something along those lines.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Punk,

That still-shot is from "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon." Two people make sacrifices for honor and duty. They put their duty above the truth of their love for one another, basically lying to themselves, in my opinion.

That picture, at least to me, is the one thing that REALLY mattered. It's the moment where they allowed themselves to be honest, instead of performing whatever duty that society placed upon them. It's just one moment in life, but perhaps it made all the suffering worth while.

Maybe a moment in the warm sunshine is the best thing we will ever experience? Maybe it's all we need? Maybe everything else is just vanity?

My cat seems happy just being a cat. If he wants to lay in the sunshine, he does. If he wants to look out the window for hours, he does, then he takes a nap. Humans seem cursed with "consciousness." We are like Genies, we have all this power, yet we're constricted and confined. We spend our lives trying to escape being human.

DD

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

DD - I vaguely recall that film. I wonder if I would be better off as a cat?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"...What is life?... Eludes me... eludes me... no more..."

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Vid - You have a great voice......

Can you sing 'far, far away'?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Nope.

Pretty good at classic 80s rock numbers, though...

• deegee
    deegee

Hey PunkofNice,

Here's the reggae version of your question:

"What is Life" - Black Uhuru:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ul6wKY9zADc

• prologos
    prologos
    pon: " I await a big bang that showers me with goodness. --- Will Jehovah(tm) speed it up in his own time?

The big bang was actually very, very small, but if you were not there, you would not be here now. the goodness ( if any) is in the now, so: create it.

It will not be sped up, (that is why so many jws are fed up.) but as you age, the fixed markers, years, month, days seem to speed by faster. (it is all in the mind).

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

deegee - now that is what I call music! Wow. I had no idea Don Carlos sang with Black Uhuru. Last time I looked it was Sly and Robbie, Michael Rose and Puma Jones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit