WANTED URGENTLY

by Dansk 35 Replies latest members private

• Dansk
    Dansk

Guest 77,

The copy you have is one we can definitely use. There is a team of scolars working on the translation for us, so the more we have the better as they can then have one each. If you are prepared to post it, send me a message and I'll give you the address!

Thanks,

Dansk

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Dansk

email the address where to send the copy. [email protected]

Guest 77

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Everyone,

We still need copies! Some of you have been exceedingly kind and I'm truly grateful. I'll let you know if/when we no longer need any.

Thanks,

Dansk

• ballistic
    ballistic

I remember the publications, particularly the Watchtower and Awake being reffered to as "weapons" which "spear head" the preaching. I think the publications are indeed long pointed metal objects, but instead of weapons they are the nails in the Watchtower coffin!

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi,

I've had some promising responses - but if anyone still has any spares, please contact me as they are all needed. The team down in Cambridge consists of about five people. If we can supply one book to each person (preferably two, one purple and one blue) we'll achieve a result far quicker.

Thanks again,

Dansk

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

Dansk,

I'm still not clear on what constitutes the difference between blue and purple. I've never seen a blue cover, but I have two marked-up purples. Is the "blue" just a bluer shade of purple? Is it possible that we can find it by referring to the date or edition. Do you know for sure that none of these "blues" were printed with a purple cover. I've recently bought a used purple one and will have it sent to you, unless you tell me by tomorrow that it's only "blues" you need.

BTW, I also have proofreading training and skills and can read NT Greek. I don't mind at all helping to look for, or validate differences either between these two KIT's or among either of the KIT's and Westcott and Hort. I already have all the W&H references including their full book of variant reading. I don't have the corrections to their work since 1889, but I will gladly get it for the purpose. I already have an electronic version of W&H, probably with post 1889 corrections, or Nestle-Aland corrections. Someone (Chris S anchez) gave me an electronic version of the interlinear in "transliterated" format back in 1979 for Apple II computers. I never tried to reformat it for a PC format, but I'm sure it's still possible if I can unbury it and the disks are still viable. (Currently I don't have the original Apple II software to run it.)

If anyone else, in fact, has another source for the electronic Interlinear transliteration, I could create an equivalent transliteration of W&H and then create programs to run file comparisons on them. I don't know how accurate these electronic versions are, but It could at least produce a quick hotlist of places to give special attention.

Gamaliel

• Aikon
    Aikon

Hi Dansk

I have a purple one and do you wont it . I live in england

Aikon

• Dansk
    Dansk

Aikon and Gamaliel,

Check your in-boxes on this forum.

Thanks,

Dansk

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

The blue one says on the inside cover that it is from the Westcott and Hort 1881-'The New Testament in the Original Greek ' for the GREEK TEXT ABOVE, the 1969(purple) Interlinear(WTBS) for the ENGLISH TEXT UNDERNEATH, and the 1984 revised NWT for the ENGLISH TEXT ALONGSIDE. published in 1985

Ravyn

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

Got it, thanks. I tried to get it this morning NY time, and I got an error.

Sounds great! Good luck with this project.

Gamaliel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit