WANTED URGENTLY

by Dansk 35 Replies latest members private

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Dansk. Sorry to take so long to reply. Having a situation with my dad, and my younger sister, and her " companion " and a split, and sale of the house, .........etc. etc. etc. Very very ugly and very trying on my parents. CalamityJane has taken up the torch in the meantime......what a team eh ?

Anyways. talked to dad today and he has 2 copies of the blue " Diaglott " ( gold print on front and spine). It says copyright 1942 WBTS 1942 inside, though he couldn,t confirm the print date. It is slightly smaller in size than the purple one.

Dad seems to think that the WBTS purchased the right for this version from Benjamin Wilson, then edited it, and published their own version with the purple cover. He is checking up on that.

If you need an additional copy, PM myself or email [email protected] The email CJ gave you last week for my dad appears to be correct, but dad is willing to pass along his tele number as well if you wish to converse directly.

Regards David.

P.S. Physio. Is dansk like this with everything he does ?

xjw_b12 " Millions Now Living Will Never Die Know " ( unless of course we are successsful )

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

Dansk,

Is this what you mean by the blue one. Benjamin Wilson's Emphatic Diaglott?

Gamaliel

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel
    Anyways. talked to dad today and he has 2 copies of the blue " Diaglott " ( gold print on front and spine). It says copyright 1942 WBTS 1942 inside, though he couldn,t confirm the print date. It is slightly smaller in size than the purple one.

xjwb12,

There was an edition of this before WT in 1864 1873, by Wilson himself and published by Samuel Wells (NY). The Zion's WT had rights to it and published it by 1902, at least, and I think the last major publishing of it by WT was 1942.

Gamaliel

• Dansk
    Dansk

Dear All,

To avoid confusion, just send what you have, whether it be a Diaglott or an Interlinear – the reason being that they were both used by Watchtower and so have relevance in this research.

If everyone who promised sends what they have we should now have enough. THANK YOU ! If you need the address of where to send, please e-mail me.

I enclose an e-mail I received today from one of the scholars in Cambridge who is involved in the research. I have removed certain names to protect them from prying eyes.

<Dear Mr (ME),

Thank you for arranging for us to receive the interlinear Greek New

Testaments and a copy of the New World Translation. I shall be

grateful to receive these volumes with relevant references. XXXXX

has already supplied some copies of articles on the new translation,

but it does appear that so far there has been no attempt to write a

comprehensive, scholarly critical assessment of it.

I have not yet discussed with my colleagues here exactly what form

our response might take, but I shall let you know as soon as I can.

Thank you especially for sharing your family story: it takes real

courage to do that. A few years ago I had a colleague whose marriage

was torn apart by the Watchtower's teachings, so I am aware to some

degree of what damage and deep hurt can be caused. You are going

through terrible suffering at the moment, but God has his purposes in

rescuing you from the Watchtower, and by his Spirit he will lead you

into all truth, as he has promised. I shall pray for you, that your

whole family may be healed and reconciled, and that the Lord will

protect your two daughters from harm. Surely some good will come out

of all that has happened - and indeed, good is already coming out of

it as you share your story with others.

Thank you again for your encouragement of our efforts here.

Yours sincerely,

XXXXXXX>

• petespal2002
    petespal2002

Dansk,

by the blue one do you mean the 1985 edition? I have one I use but am sure I can get another. The research going on sounds fascinating, please tell me more about it, I have spent a long time in Greek studies and would love to know if my knowledge could be useful?

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Petespal,

I believe we should have enough promised copies now. I'll get back to you, if I may, if we are short.

I appreciate your offer of help and shall definitely bear it in mind. The team in Cambridge consists of about 5 eminent scholars well versed in Greek and they're looking forward to the task.

Dansk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit