Where are you going when you die?

by Mystery 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mystery
    Mystery

Rayzorblade - I am sorry ", I've had to take in more death and dying than I care to." I had a year like that a couple of years ago.

I don't know if nothing happens or not. It seems sad if there is nothing else, that we wonder during our lives if there is something else. It is also sad tho that some people get so wrapped up in "what happens" that they don't live today. I don't let it overwhelm me regarding death. I have no control over it. But as each of us live, we know the question is there. Some of us it bothers, some of us it doesn't. It bothers me that I have to tell my sons something. I don't know the truth. I don't know what will happen. I just try to instill in them that regardless of what happens, if i am able I will help them thru their lives.

I agree with LyinEyes - except with me it is the moon instead of a falling leaf. It started when my boys (from the time they were 4 & 5 yrs old) went to stay with their father in the summer. I would tell them to look at the moon and not matter where they were I would "see" them. When they were older they would call me and ask, "OK Mom what kind of moon was it last night?" just to see it I did look at the moon every night and tell them goodnight. Even tho they are teenagers now, it is still a "thing" between us. Everyonce in a while they will tell me "to look at the moon mom". I know that no matter what happens when I die that they will remember occasionally to look at the moon.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Mystery , if no one eles in the world knows what I mean,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I feel you do more than anyone, you and Big Tex and the others that feel leaving those behind us with some comfort, is what is ours to leave.

I can only leave my children what I think is truth, weither that is truth in the 100% real abstract truth, I dont know. They will know that what I left them , is what I feel is My truth. I welcome them and encourage them to reach out, grab and find their own truth,,,,,,,,,,, Whatever that truth may be , I am sure than the higher Power ,,,,,,,,,,,whatever His/Her name may be,,,,,,,, will be standing there waiting for them on the other side. In the meantime I am working on making myself a worthy person, someone who tried really hard to be the best they could be,,,,,,,,imperfections , hell yes,,,,,,,,, but stiill human and pretty damn good regardless,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and if there is a God, I will be waiting for my family on the other side.

What better dream is there? If we go to the dirt ,,,,,,,,,,,,, so be it ,,,,,,, I will have lived my life happy and full........and hopefully will see my grandchildren....... If not, and I got to heaven, I will see you all there. I don't feel I deserve Hell, not sure if there is anyone I know who deserve hell personally, but that is not my call , thank the Lord. I choose to think that all I have seen and been thru , there is a road , flowing with milk and honey. JMHO............ I dare to dream,,,,,,,,, dare take it away from me..........

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    They will know that what I left them , is what I feel is My truth. I welcome them and encourage them to reach out, grab and find their own truth,,,,,,,,,,, Whatever that truth may be , I am sure than the higher Power ,,,,,,,,,,,whatever His/Her name may be,,,,,,,, will be standing there waiting for them on the other side.

Sounds like you're teaching them about a very difficult concept: faith. No one can say what really happens after death, ultimately we have to trust in a power greater than ourselves and let the rest go.

All a good parent can do is teach their children their truths and the children will make it their own when they are grown. I you're doing a great job at that Dede.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit