Where are you going when you die?

by Mystery 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I believe that good people go to Disneyland, or Coney Island - their choice, and they can switch back and forth for all of eternity.

Bad people go to JW conventions.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Mystery. Ask a serious question, and get a bunch of humorous replies eh!

Where are you going when you die?

Good question. Probably the question of all time. I think it's a........... MYSTERY

I've mulled that one over since leaving the org. and I've basically come to the conclusion, that I don't care. I definately don't believe that mumbo jumbo about hellfire, and I wouldn't want to live as a heavenly creature either. ( Not that I have anything to compare it with ) LOL. And if there was a heaven, I wouldn't last very long there because I have a looong list of questions, that at his point of my life, I do not think can be satisfactorly answered.

My personal conclusion is we just expire, and that's the end of that. What I beleive is important, is that we do what we can while we are here on this planet. Be responsible, and kind.

Those 2 Laws, Love your god and.... love your neighbour, can be consolidated to 1 law. Love your neighbour...your fellow man.

If there is a god, Law 2 will reflect favorably regards Law 1. Sorry if it seems that I am putting god out of the equasion here, but I live with people. They are real to me, and I can share in their emotions. God..I don't know about him. Haven't seen hide or hair of him or his immediate family for a couple of thousand years, and actually I'm glad, because if you read " his book " , there is too much death and destruction in there for my liking. Yes a lot of good advice also, but isn't that good advice, just common sense !

More importantly to me at his time, is not where I am going, but what am I going to do while I am here. Yes I have some preferences as to how my passing will be handled. but that is of secondary importance at this time.

With regards to your kids, here is what I have told mine. I don't know. Dwell on where you are now, not where you may go. You appreciate your life today. Do what you can to imporve life for others around you, whether that be your immediate family, your firends, or strangers. That attitude should not be dependant on whether some heavenly diety is judging you. ( too much like " whose been naughty and whose been nice " )

The end will be the end, and no one knows what that is, but what is the legacy you leave behind.

Regards David

• Chappi
    Chappi

Mystery,

I don't know about you or what you have done. But you are always alive to God and whatever happens, you will live forever .

• freedom96
    freedom96

I have seen from my own eyes, something from not of this world. Basically, a ghost. On many occasions, in the home I grew up with.

So, in my opinion, there is definately more to life than just here on earth as we know it. I believe that there is a heaven, but I don't believe in an eternal hellfire. Is there more to it than just heaven? Or what is heaven exactly? Don't know, but I know what I saw, and there is something else out there.

• Scully
    Scully

I really have no control over the answer to that question, so I don't stress over it. In the 25 years I spent as a JW, I wasted too much time trying to be "good enough" for Jehovah/the organization, and now that I've been out for a few years, the way I feel about it is this: "If I'm not good enough for 'God', then he/she/it isn't much of a god."

I am raising my children to be good people too, both by example and instruction. I don't want them stressing out over whether they are "good enough" for anyone. I want them to have healthy self esteem and a good solid value system, not just behaving themselves because they are scared to death of some kind of vengeful God who keeps track of every little fart you make in the wrong direction.

Regardless of whatever else happens after I die, I hope I'm in the arms of someone who loves me when it happens.

Love, Scully

• hippikon
    hippikon

I think I will help some plant to grow

• Valis
    Valis
    Regardless of whatever else happens after I die, I hope I'm in the arms of someone who loves me when it happens.

Amen toots...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Glad For Scully"class

• SYN
    SYN

Well, it all depends on your religion of choice, see?

Some religions, especially the common Judeo-Christian type found in the Western world, teach that you go up to heaven as an androgonous spiritual creature. Unfortunately said religions never quite specify where heaven is, exactly. Well-known people from a certain notorious Judeo-Christian religion called the Watchtower have noted that God lives in the Pleiades star system, which would certainly make for interesting times if you were an angel. I hear they have 200,000 cable channels in the Pleiades. Maybe that's why Jehovah hasn't been seen on Earth for 2000 years, He's too busy watching TV. I guess that's probably all you can do, as you won't exactly have a body, but you will possibly have a bugle or a trumpet of some sort for all those heavenly serenades you'll be doing for the rest of eternity. Sounds terribly exciting to me.

Alternatively, if you are Muslim (a popular religion, with over a billion worshippers), you go to Paradise. This is not like the Dub Paradise where you have to do what the Elders say for the rest of eternity - this paradise is kick-arse. If you are a man, you get 47 virgins to peel grapes for you and fan you and so forth. I presume if you are a woman you get 47 Chippendales, unless you are married. This is nothing like the Witness Paradise.

If you are a Viking, you got to Valhalla. To do this, you must die in battle. Then, you'll be carried off into a huge hall filled with loads of other dead dudes who are constantly eating extremely unhealthy food for the rest of eternity (possibly kept company by Valkyries).

All in all, it looks pretty positive, unless you're a Baptist, in which case you are perpetually hell-bound if you don't read the funny bits of the Bible and pray for forgiveness every day of your life. Hell is just like the Witness Paradise, except with fewer Elders, because even Satan isn't that mean.

• Carmel
    Carmel

I ain't gona die cause I never SYNed!

caveman

• greven
    greven

All that will be left of me after I die will be the echos of my existance in the memories of others. Whether these will be pleasant or unpleasant memories depends on the amount of worship given to said subject.

Greven

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit