Where are you going when you die?

by Mystery 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Shakita
    Shakita

I have had to deal with a lot of death in the past few years. Watching family members as they are taking their last breaths of air in this life is so painful, but makes you realize that it isn't important where you are going when you die. What is important is how you live your life now.

Scully said:

Regardless of whatever else happens after I die, I hope I'm in the arms of someone who loves me when it happens.

I couldn't have said it better.

Mrs. Shakita

• Bugs Bunny
    Bugs Bunny

In layman's terms....

Ok, without spouting a bunch of scripture, here's my beliefs....

When you die you are judged. If you did the best you could as being righteous, believed Jesus died for the sins you could not control, the sins you did not know you were committing, and had faith in the love God has for you, you go to heaven to learn what you missed on earth. In heaven there is a mansion with many rooms that people called apostles teach in, there they are called priests and Kings. When all are taken up, and the earth is cleansed from wickedness, and all the wicked people and things are destroyed we are then put back on earth. This will be the new earth, only those people wanting to be under God's laws and not run by people, organizations, governments and so on. The same law Adam and Eve were given to start out with.

If you don't care what God thinks of what you do, if you do only what you want and go rebel against what is taught in the bible, then you die, are judged for the worst, and remain here until God destroys you. You roam the earth invisible, visible to only those who are going the same way you are. Some see these ones as ghosts. But really they are in a state that is the same hell as a dungeon. Stuck, chained, and you wait. I think there is also a hope for these ones too since God is so loving. If you don't want to be a poltergiest, or wicked evil ghost, but to help someone not to go in the same direction, you will be spared. But not until the last day before the earth is cleansed. We all chose what road we want to walk.

As Jesus ascended into heaven, he was in a body that we could see, we could touch, but he could "appear" anywhere at anytime. It says somewhere that we too will have this same body, a new body.

If I'm wrong, I lose nothing, if I'm right, I gain everlasting life!

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

First I'll go to the hospital morgue, where they will remove any good organs, etc. for donor transplants. Then I'll go to the crematory, and hopefully be disposed of without having family pay for a funeral service or viewing prior to that. This is my wish, but family can do what pleases and comforts them.

Without the lifeforce, the body dies, the computer shuts down. The body is an empty shell once death occurs, and will decay and change form. Hopefully, the data from my brain will be transfered to the mainframe of the universal creators, for future reference at some point. My soul will have closed up house and be on the way to it's next journey.

When I leave this life, I won't know anything until it's time for me to remember. I trust that someone knows what they are doing.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Sorry, I'm not telling, besides there's only room for one in my casket. Since I'm a golfer its only fitting that I go into a HOLE at the STROKE of midnight!

Guest 77

• IronGland
    IronGland

Valhalla, if I die honorably.

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

In the ground, in a coffin or an Urn, with a nice marble tombstone cemented in so that if the WTBTS is right those bastards have to work like hell to get rid of my last memory. ^_^

• jgnat
    jgnat

There are some mysteries that are not meant to be solved here on earth (Luke 16:19-31). The JW's put all their hopes in a false certainty - their final destination - while glossing over the certain requirements of loving Christian behaviour today.

Today, comfort a grieving child. Love him and tell him you will always be there for them. Give him the certainty of your love.

• Robotnomore
    Robotnomore

I believe that if you have faith that Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you have him in your heart that you are saved. When you die then you go to heaven to be with the Lord. Example: Criminal hanging beside Jesus on the Cross. My 2cents.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

In Arnold Schwartznager's best voice:

"I'll be bawck!!!"

ESTEE

• DJ
    DJ

I'm going up to the Spirit in the sky

That's where I'm going when I die.

When I die and they lay me to rest

I'm going to the place that's the best.

Anyone remember that song? I'm with Robotnomore on this one. A life of faith in Christ's work at Calvary is enough for me. He has set me free....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit